Fiserv - Good place to work. | Glassdoor

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Windows Operations Engineering
Current Employee - Windows Operations Engineering

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Co-workers are good to work with.

Cons

Does not provide a path for people to move up in the company. If you're in ops engineering, there isn't a path to move up into platform engineering.
They take about providing associates with training to advance, but when the time comes, they say that they do not have a budget to do so.

Advice to Management

If you say that you are going to provide training for advancement, you need to follow through.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv

"Leaderless, rudderless company who can't deliver quality and are losing customers"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay you, they have a nice cafeteria program in some locations, they don't micro-manage (mostly), and they have OK insurance.

Cons

I used to like working here, but the management has just completely lost touch with reality. High-value customers are abandoning us, we can't close any deals, and when we do we can't deliver on time or on budget. It's a company on the decline, with no upside if you have worked there for many years. Raises are pitiful and rare, and you have to threaten to resign to even get them to consider giving you the AVERAGE salary in your profession. Avoid.

Advice to Management

Replace your middle managers. All of them.

"Could be a better place in many ways"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance. Opportunity to learn something new if you have the motivation.

Cons

Made up of a lot of small divisions. Below average benefits, especially health and paid time off. A lot of people with start-up or last job mentality. Certain groups highly political. ET is a bottleneck on all projects and leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with each division rather than focusing on the balancing sheet alone. Change the review system to promote the right people who can actually advance the firm.