Fiserv - Excellent People, Questionable Structures | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

"Excellent People, Questionable Structures"

I worked at Fiserv full-time

Pros

The co-workers are awesome. Most are more than willing to go the extra mile, and are more often than not highly-competent, passionate, and dedicated to their craft. I haven't met anyone there who wasn't outgoing and friendly. The thrill of ensuring top-notch service to clients in high-priced contracts add to the mix, and hearing their satisfaction at project's end was often similar to a runner's high.

I especially loved the fact that, in-office or remotely, people worked in a collegiate fashion. I must also say that collaboration was better than nearly anywhere else I have worked for.

Cons

Lack of any thorough training (one co-worker quit a month in due to such frustrations), you're often 'thrown into the breach' with little preparation. Most of my training came via ad-hoc and on-the-fly research, and from endless questions cast out to higher-ups and peers.

Salesmen often promise clients features and benefits that cannot be delivered, and you get to find out about it when the client asks you (often way too late in the project) why feature XYZ hasn't been implemented yet. Sometimes the bureaucracy really gets in the way, especially when it comes to getting needed deliverables from other departments. Deadlines often slip - not due to lack of product being ready, but due to a lack of sufficient environmental readiness.

Advice to Management

Top priorities? Get some decent training in place - few people are going to know these products off-the-street. These are highly complex systems, and some sort of updated and coherent training would be invaluable. Stop relying on senior staff to do all of the training - they're busy enough as it is, and rarely have time to really sit down and lay it all out. I would suggest a stronger mentoring program, where newbies can work alongside experienced hands on a project from start to finish.

Find a way to cut down the dreaded inter-departmental SLAs and snag-ups in a meaningful way, instead of just preaching "One Fiserv" in the meetings.

Provide a clear and meaningful formula for bonuses, and not just vague factors which no one outside of management would hope to have a grasp of.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv

"Don't waste your time"

Pros

Very independent work and you can listen to music at your desk.

Cons

Hours:
    In my department, I was given 2 projects to handle and my colleagues had nothing to do. When I would walk to the restroom I'd see them all either playing on their phones or browsing the web. I worked extra hours and weekends just to make sure my job got done while my colleagues did nothing. It was even a joke in meetings that the manager was going to have to give them work soon or send them all home. They pay you for 40 and you work for 80. Unless of course you make good friends with the boss, then you'll be paid for 40 and actually have to work maybe 10.

Management:
    It needs work. Plain and simple. The management has no idea what they're doing and it's so bad that it's obvious. I've read a lot of bad reviews on here about management and I can confirm them. Don't ever expect them to notice you for a raise. And don't ever expect a thank you or get a "good job" from them. Don't ever expect them to really do much of anything, unless of course you get a surprise visit from their boss, then you'd be surprise just how quickly they start working.

Benefits:
    They're a joke. The deductible is so high that they might as well not offer it. I remember one time I was going to go into Sanford Medical here to see if I had strep throat. The receptionist took a look at my insurance card and said "wow, this sucks" I just replied with "I know". The co-pay ended up being so high that I couldn't afford it and left. Don't expect to be able to see any doctors while you're employed here because they won't look at your for less than a couple hundred dollars without meeting your deductible and it's so high it will never be met. I can't tell you the last time I saw a doctor due to not being able to afford it while working here.

Co-workers:
    Don't expect any help from anybody. That's really all I need to say about this topic. If you get hired here, you're on your own.

Turnover:
    I've begun to notice a pretty high turnover rates in a couple different departments that are near me. As a matter of fact, I've started to feel like I'm working at McDonald's and that's just in the departments that are near me. During my time here half the campus has either quit or gone to another department and four of the executives walked out on the spot, literally. I'd never seen it happen till I worked here. Maybe they saw where this company was going and got out of there while they could, who knows.

Overall:
    This is a terrible company to work for and I will never work for them again once I'm gone. I will also never work in the financial industry again. This job, even at it's most challenging points, is very, very boring. I can't honestly say I've ever been challenged at my job, unless you count having too much work to do in 40hrs.

Advice to Management

You guys need to stop doing so much talking to employees about random garbage and get to work.

2. "Biller Solutions Employee"

Pros

Strong/Clear Corporate Structure, Innovative, Diverse

Cons

Some lack of synergy in trying to roll newly acquired subsidiaries into the operation.