Fiserv - Fiserv call center in Hickory NC | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fiserv

"Fiserv call center in Hickory NC"

Pros

Great place to work. Modern office very professional but fun. Supervisors and managers are always looking to help.

Cons

Very busy and high expectations. Can be stressful at times.

Other Employee Reviews for Fiserv

1. "It's been challenging"

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, good culture and challenging work

Cons

Expected to work long hours which doesn't provide for a good work-life balance

"Worst company I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer

I worked at Fiserv full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are two reasons why I didn't give this company one star. One is salary is competitive and above average and the second is diversity. Fiserv encourages a diversified workforce and pays above average.

If you are a bad developer and want to collect a pay check and have someone else do your work this is the place for you. There is no accountability here.

Cons

Horrible insurance. The PPO plan is so ridiculously high it they force you into the high deductible plan. The plan has such a huge deductible that it is almost pointless to have insurance unless you need a major surgery. Management is totally disconnected with rest of employees and people are promoted based on favoritism.

This company works in silos and if you need help from another division forget about it. They have very strict policies on what you can have on your computer and your suppose to have IT push ever piece of software to you or they might fire you even if you need the software for work and if you are very valuable to the team (many people were fired). They don't even want you to use your USB to charge your iPhone. Getting IT to push software is a complete nightmare. You have to get your managers approval and he has to get his managers approval and then the senior director has to approve and finally you have to submit a ticket and it just stays there forever. After going through the whole process (4 months) I still did not receive my software.

I wish I could say I enjoyed my co-workers but good developers don't stay here long. If you are a good developer this is not the place for you because this place has some of the worst developers (and very few good ones) and you will be doing most of the work on outdated technology and being pigeon holed there. The most you can expect is a pat on the back. The bonuses is a communist system where either EVREYONE gets it or no one does. The bar for those bonuses is so high you won't even get it. It is just a recruiting tool.

I worked at several companies in the past and have never seen a more mismanaged company where management seems to be at war against their employees and seems happy to see them leave. I witnessed people leaving every week and none of them wanted to come back. In companies that actually care about their employees, employees usually come back after some time. Not here.

The very few good developers I knew had some brilliant ideas but those ideas are not welcome. There are so much barriers and bureaucracy that your ideas will not get to where they are suppose to and even if they did they won't care because you are hired to be a monkey where you do what your told and nothing else. Management gets angry when you want to improve the process. They just want to hear only good things.

They are no longer a fortune 500 company and a big part of that is their utter contempt for valuable employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees that do the work (not just management). Work on retaining GOOD employees and try to keep them. Stop treating them like crap. Ease the unnecessarily strict IT policies. You make it harder for us to do our job. Fire CEO.