Fisher Investments - Opportunity | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talent, hard work and results are rewarded without exception. The firm is always pushing forward so those that apply themselves find plenty of opportunities and ability to make an impact. It is extremely satisfying to work for a company that prides itself on bettering the investment universe and not becoming complacent. I work with a lot of bright people that also have a solid moral foundation—doing right by clients. I’ve worked elsewhere and attest there is a big difference working at Fisher in a good way. This became increasingly apparent the longer I worked here and moved up—it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a two-sided investment, and one that pays off over time with more experience and perspective, but most importantly an experience one feels increasingly proud of as accomplishments are attained.

Cons

There aren’t superficial bells and whistles. It’s a place to work hard and be rewarded with compensation and increasing responsibility. Everything is earned. The parts of the employee experience that matter most are solid. To me this is not a bad thing but for those just looking for a job and cruise along will find it difficult and frustrating. Make the most of any job here—there are silver linings to any situation—I’ve faced plenty of tough ones, but I always felt a sense of personal growth and accomplishment afterwards. As a result of rapid growth and the constant improvement ethos, there can be much to complain about; but, those that see adversity as opportunity, are resourceful and add value do well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum trying to be better at all facets of the business. Add flexibility where lack thereof doesn’t help.

Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments

1. "Good job if you are good at it."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance. 40 hour work week every week without exception. They literally force you off the computer if you are trying to stay late.
    Great compensation.
    Most leads are qualified.
    20 days of PTO.
    Health insurance.
    Dental/Vision
    50% 401k match up to a maxed out 401k
    You don’t even have to close.

Cons

High activity level.
    Dealing with lots of rejection.
    Ultimately if you are good it’s an incredible opportunity.
    If you aren’t a natural born sales person you will struggle with handling all the objections.
    Frat culture prevails here.

Advice to Management

If someone funds 100 clients for 100 million give them senior AE. The base hasn’t been adjusted in almost two decades.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Only 40 hours a week for the account executive role. Tons of paid time off that adds up to about 28 days/year. Meritocracy - they reward high performance and success.

Cons

Really can't think of any. There are some growing pains because we are growing pretty quickly, but management is very thoughtful about our growth.