Fisher Investments - Opportunity | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Mandatory 50 hour work weeks for most roles" (in 24 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance- my experience has been a very positive one in terms of" (in 14 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talent, hard work and results are rewarded without exception. The firm is always pushing forward so those that apply themselves find plenty of opportunities and ability to make an impact. It is extremely satisfying to work for a company that prides itself on bettering the investment universe and not becoming complacent. I work with a lot of bright people that also have a solid moral foundation—doing right by clients. I’ve worked elsewhere and attest there is a big difference working at Fisher in a good way. This became increasingly apparent the longer I worked here and moved up—it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a two-sided investment, and one that pays off over time with more experience and perspective, but most importantly an experience one feels increasingly proud of as accomplishments are attained.

Cons

There aren’t superficial bells and whistles. It’s a place to work hard and be rewarded with compensation and increasing responsibility. Everything is earned. The parts of the employee experience that matter most are solid. To me this is not a bad thing but for those just looking for a job and cruise along will find it difficult and frustrating. Make the most of any job here—there are silver linings to any situation—I’ve faced plenty of tough ones, but I always felt a sense of personal growth and accomplishment afterwards. As a result of rapid growth and the constant improvement ethos, there can be much to complain about; but, those that see adversity as opportunity, are resourceful and add value do well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum trying to be better at all facets of the business. Add flexibility where lack thereof doesn’t help.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Good Starting Position"

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

-Good benefits and pay
    -Collaborative working space

Cons

-Wouldn't stay for the long run

2. "Portfolio Management"

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

What I loved most about FI is that everyone I worked with held themselves to a really high standard and worked *hard*. I never felt like people within Portfolio Management were slacking and everyone was always open to teaching you something new.

Cons

With working hard comes being stubborn. Like many RIAs FI still uses some antiquated technology but it's working hard to transition away from that.

Advice to Management

Keep developing your talent from within but pay folks in Portfolio Management a bit more money for keeping the firm going.

Discover more reviews about Fisher Investments.