Fisher Investments - Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talent, hard work and results are rewarded without exception. The firm is always pushing forward so those that apply themselves find plenty of opportunities and ability to make an impact. It is extremely satisfying to work for a company that prides itself on bettering the investment universe and not becoming complacent. I work with a lot of bright people that also have a solid moral foundation—doing right by clients. I’ve worked elsewhere and attest there is a big difference working at Fisher in a good way. This became increasingly apparent the longer I worked here and moved up—it doesn’t happen overnight. It’s a two-sided investment, and one that pays off over time with more experience and perspective, but most importantly an experience one feels increasingly proud of as accomplishments are attained.

Cons

There aren’t superficial bells and whistles. It’s a place to work hard and be rewarded with compensation and increasing responsibility. Everything is earned. The parts of the employee experience that matter most are solid. To me this is not a bad thing but for those just looking for a job and cruise along will find it difficult and frustrating. Make the most of any job here—there are silver linings to any situation—I’ve faced plenty of tough ones, but I always felt a sense of personal growth and accomplishment afterwards. As a result of rapid growth and the constant improvement ethos, there can be much to complain about; but, those that see adversity as opportunity, are resourceful and add value do well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum trying to be better at all facets of the business. Add flexibility where lack thereof doesn’t help.

Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments

"Institutional Associate"

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Fisher provides good learning opportunities in a fast paced environment. You can try a variety of roles to find the right fit for you. It's a good place to gain experience and get your career started.

Cons

The rigidity of the work schedule is unnecessary, and top performers are not rewarded as they should be. It has a reputation for being a pressure cooker for a reason. They only reward you just enough to prevent you from quitting. While I've learned a lot in my time here, I feel under appreciated and will be glad when my Fisher days are behind me.

Advice to Management

The lack of associate autonomy hampers the learning environment and eliminates any potential for goodwill towards the company. Improve the pay if you want employees to stay for life, or provide more professional development opportunities.

2. "FI"

Pros

Great culture for all employees

Cons

Reactive management, could do better looking forward