Fisher Investments - Best Financial company to work for an industry | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Mandatory 50 hour work weeks for most roles" (in 26 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance- my experience has been a very positive one in terms of" (in 14 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Best Financial company to work for an industry"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ken Fisher has created an amazing firm. This is the first financial firm I’ve worked for where I can see the clients come first in everything. The structure is so unique here and the opportunities for those who work hard are endless. The concept here is pretty simple. Work hard while you’re here and put in 100% each day and the firm will pay you a ridiculous amount of money and give you a ton of time for your family. First of all they have the best benefits I’ve ever seen. They fully pay for your health, dental, and vision insurance, give you a maximum 401k match, and all compensation is based on the effort of how hard you work for the firm. No other firm can even touch what they compensate you here. I have worked for Fidelity, Edward Jones, TD Ameritrade and this firm beats them in every area. Not to mention our offering far outweighs what those firms can provide.

Cons

If you’re not a hard worker and not willing to give it all each day then you simply can’t just make it here. Not a con to me, but those just wanting to go through the motions in their jobs won’t do well.

Advice to Management

No advice

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"A company not worried about employee retention"

Current Employee - Portfolio Management Group
    Current Employee - Portfolio Management Group

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The jobs and what is expected of you is clear. After working in an entry level role you can interview in different departments that interest you.

Cons

working 50 hours a week at a minimum, usually working 55. They had the opportunity to fix this when they launched a "help us improve" initiative that lasted 1.5 years and employees' BIGGEST want from it was fixing the hours

Advice to Management

care as much about employees as you do clients

2. "Worked there for about a year and a half."

Former Employee - Client Account Coordinator in Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Client Account Coordinator in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is excellent, campus is beautiful, and there were a number of excellent team leaders and managers.

Cons

Protocol at the company can feel entrenched in its ways, and management at times felt unwilling to make big changes.

Discover more reviews about Fisher Investments.