Fisher Investments - I look forward coming to work every morning | Glassdoor

"I look forward coming to work every morning"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments part-time for more than a year

Pros

-always have access from management for feedback and coaching -metric-based approach helps personal professional development (measuring stick) -focused on making sure that Fisher is a great place to work for you specifically and will work around your needs and desires as much as possible

Cons

-sometimes management decisions are inconsistently transparent -some resources that are available aren't very well publicized and you have to be somewhat lucky in uncovering them (right place, right time)

Advice to Management

perfection

Fisher Investments2019-03-22
  1. "Awesome First Career"

Former Employee - Private Client Group Vice President in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Strong leadership, great culture, fun coworkers, product that feels very morally comfortable to sell

Cons

Can be a bit of a grind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, thank you for your work in developing me and my peers to become better everyday

Fisher Investments2019-05-18

"Mixed Bag Employer"

Current Employee - Investment Counselor in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Excellent 401k and healthcare benefits - Friendly coworkers - Nice break rooms with a number of amenities - There is an expectation that the work day ends after your shift and that you will leave work at the office - Lots of options to advance career (though every other role entails mandatory 10-hour workdays)

Cons

- Lack of schedule flexibility - Inability to work from home - System of backing each other up creates major burden for teammates - No paid sick days and days off for funerals, weddings, and other life event;. all of your time off comes out of your 20 days of PTO - Management micromanages employees and manages according to tens of metrics - Research and client service are understaffed/underpaid while sales is over-staffed/overpaid

Advice to Management

Unless management wants to see a heavy exodus of employees, they should introduce greater schedule flexibility and work from home policies. Micromanagement techniques need to end. There is too much competition that is becoming increasingly attractive compared to employment with Fisher.

Fisher Investments2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Fisher Investments.