Fisher Investments - Ok at best | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Ok at best"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay for a starter and good looking girls.

Cons

they say they promote based on merit but thats bull shitsu. A lot of favoritism and lots of employees that lack character.

Advice to Management

think outside the box

Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments

"Unprofessional Work Environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Grants experience to those who recently obtain a college degree

Relatively nice and talented co-workers

Cons

Weak middle management; weaker senior management

Unprofessional

Highly secretive

Extremely low morale

Fearful work environment

Advice to Management

I worked at Fisher Investments for nearly 5 years. While with the company; I worked as an Account Executive and Client Service Associate. Rather than comment on the positions themselves; I would like to comment on the consistently poor managerial skills, unprofessional work environment, and the highly secretive nature of the firm.

Middle management does their best given senior management’s approach to employees. It is irrefutable that the company does not value its workforce and chooses to instill fear into employees rather than use more effective forms of management such as motivation and team building. Middle management comes across as tight lipped and hesitant when questions are asked. Considering that FI employs relatively younger people, gossip runs rampant throughout the firm. The combination of a fearful work environment and heavy gossip leads to an undeniable sense of low morale throughout the company. It is not farfetched to claim that most employees literally look miserable while at their desks.

Though Fisher Investments' HR department is run extremely tight, they still seem to overlook the incredulously unprofessional work environment (particularly in the sales department). In the sales department in the WA office, fellow colleagues, managers, and trainers participate in the following on a near daily basis: curse, tell distasteful jokes, and inappropriately comment on co-workers of the opposite gender. I frequently felt extremely uncomfortable. In hindsight, this is very much so a quintessential hostile work environment.

As previously touched upon, the HR department has the massive task of ensuring that Fisher Investments looks reputable in the eyes of the general public. I would not be surprised if this review is deleted although it is upmost honesty about my experience. Word to the wise: Fisher Investments will NOT provide nor allow references to be given and will NOT verify that a former employee is re-hirable. An HR representative had the audacity to not even provide a telephone number to my current employer. This is a shining example that reinforces the claim that FI does not respect its current nor former workforce. Secretiveness is a common thread woven throughout the departments. Whether it’s in regard to answering direct questions about performance, challenging unprofessionalism, or extracting factual information from the HR department; everything is kept well hidden. My question is: why? A company that doesn’t have anything to hide simply won’t.

"Second-rate "best" Finance Job"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At FI you can easily prove your worth and make a name for yourself in the firm. Some employees are just out right subordinate, so its easy to become known as an expert or oppositely the subordinate. Although I find it makes no difference when trying to move out of the firm. Competitive pay though!

Cons

A firm that is so specialized that your title can be portfolio evalution specialist, however your duties consist of mailing out others evaluations to clients (you just got unlucky and have the last spot on the assembly line) hey but your still making 65k!

Advice to Management

Management is doing a very good job, the firm is rapidly expanding and everyone seems to be happy!