Fisher Investments - Prison | Glassdoor

"Prison"

Former Employee - Finance in Woodside, CA
Former Employee - Finance in Woodside, CA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Waste of time.

Cons

Everything. The Woodside location is a joke. If you manage to make it to work without dying or crashing then you have to look for to 10 hours on mundane work that is micromanaged. Trained monkeys are able to do what the Finance people do. Terrible supervisors and managers or EVP or GVP...whatever they are called in the Finance group. You gain no relative experience that you can take away from working here because this is a terribly run company. I guess because I use my brain and don't work as a robot I saw through this joke of a company within weeks. Apparently there are many who enjoy drinking the kool-aid and sucking off the teets of Fisher.

Other Employee Reviews for Fisher Investments

"A great place for some personality types to grow from within."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strongly promote from within.

Cons

Skills gained don't transfer to other industries as well as one would like.

Advice to Management

allowing a more flexible schedule within a window frame might improve morale.

"Not what was expected"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Camas, WA
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is pretty good considering the work they have you doing. The benefits are solid and a lot of the people are very friendly and nice to be around.

Cons

People in Client Service are miserable. I hated my job and so did everyone on my team. Managers can be promoted from any area of the company and my team's manager had no experience in Client Service and it showed. Not all teams are like this (I hear), but I was very micromanaged and was required to report pretty much everything nonstandard situation to my boss rather than solve problems myself.

The work isn't what I expected, as I applied for Investment Associate I thought I would do more than generate paperwork, talk to clients about paperwork, and send emails all day. Still, it wouldn't be too bad without the micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Give employees more power and keep your managers in check. You hire educated people, so you should trust them to handle situation effectively.