Fitbit - Great location but company poorly managed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fitbit

"Great location but company poorly managed"

Current Employee - Operations
Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool product. Nice people.

Cons

Operationally dysfunctional and lack of exec leadership. Bringing in talented people and cannot retain them.

Advice to Management

If you are going to hire and build a team, than be committed to Lead, otherwise step aside and move on.

Other Employee Reviews for Fitbit

"Fun, Young Company"

I have been working at Fitbit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Fitbit after working for one of the giants of Silicon Valley, really wanting to go somewhere with the small company feel. While Fitbit is no longer super small, upper management did a great job at maintaining the culture that was there when it was still a very early stage start-up. Everyone is extremely passionate about the products and the company and you are able to pick up on that right away. Very open and collaborative environment, very transparent and flat, tons of different types of people and personalities which really make for a fun, unique environment.

Cons

Only real con is that we're spread out right now...three different floors / offices that can make it to get face time in with all the different teams. That should be solved when we make the move to our new office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"High stress, low pay, odd culture."

I worked at Fitbit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of free food, drinks and products. The CEO and CFO are good guys, and there are plenty of smart people to go around.

Cons

Employees are overworked and many are unhappy. For being a company that makes fitness products, there is little incentive for employees to be healthy themselves. Overcrowded, germ-ridden workspaces, long work days, and boozy happy hours reign, while there is little of funding for most athletic events, lame gym membership discounts ($5 off at the YMCA), and a general lack of work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Check in on how employees are feeling in all departments. There is some major mismanagement bordering on abuse happening in some of them.