Flagstar Bank - Micro Managing Company with zero regard for their employees (Branch Manager) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bank

"Micro Managing Company with zero regard for their employees (Branch Manager)"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is that fact they have health insurance for their employees.

Cons

Working at Flagstar was the worse decision in my life!! They micromanage everyone even the Managers who are meeting their goals. They spend over three hours per week on conference calls of which every discussion is based on what you are doing wrong!!! It is counterproductive and draining. Limited staffing is in the branches and they want the managers to go on business calls but how can they if they are running transactions? If you do not speak the same verbiage as the Market Manager or beat to his drum then you will be targeted for termination.
Overall, they are adding more people to the upper management team while removing people from the branches. I can honestly say that it is the worse bank to work for in Michigan!!

Lastly, micromanagement to the ultimate level is the fact that they record every conference call so that the market manager can listen to ensure we are using his verbiage. WOW!!!
I am looking for a new job because I have to get out of that toxic bank

Advice to Management

The senior management should come to the branches and observe the stress level of the staff. They should focus on providing the team with the proper tools and resources so that they can be successful in their position. In addition, limit the number of weekly conference calls and take control of the out of control Micromanaging Market Manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Flagstar Bank

"Horrible management from the bottom to the top"

Former Employee - Commercial Lender in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Commercial Lender in Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of any real positives. Maybe that there is a half decent cafe on site but its too expensive.

Cons

professionals have to punch in and out like factory workers. Timecard is watched like a hawk
    seems like everyone is unhappy. Its a very depressing environment

Advice to Management

Support your staff, get rid of useless middle management that don't know what they are doing.

2. "Ok employer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Interest-bearing employee checking account. Great people!

Cons

Little room for upward mobility. I worked for 2.5 years, was always praised as being the best customer service representative and always chosen to accept additional responsibility, yet when the opportunity for promotions came up, someone with less experience and education was always selected.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for upward mobility. Realize that you have a wealth of knowledge and talent in-house.