Flagstar Bank - Okay job but really a sales job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bank

"Okay job but really a sales job"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative
Current Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative

Pros

Friendly customers that continue to come back and see you!

Cons

Some of the management isn't that great, if you turn down a position because of its location, you are shunned from that day forward, your ability to move up is hindered

Advice to Management

Should look at some of the managers who you employ are they really looking for for the needs of the customers, the business, and the branch?

Other Employee Reviews for Flagstar Bank

1. "Fear-based employer"

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

The dental and vision benefits are fairly good. Vacation time is adequate.

Cons

Fear is the number one tool management uses to provoke results. The pay is below industry average, around $12/hr for Personal Bankers monthy bonuses are around $75-$100. A lot of the time PB's are in charge of the bank when the mangers are at job training and manager meetings.

Turn over is very high and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

If we don't reach our goals they make everyone at the branch come in on the last Saturday of the month.

We haven't has raises in 3 years...

Advice to Management

Morale is very low. Stop treating employees as "costs" that need to be "constrained"

Negative re-enforcement will only work in the immediate short term. The company needs a serious attitude overhaul and it must start from the Top – Down

2. "Place is a joke"

Former Employee - Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

Bonus and incentive pay are wonderful if you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculous goals they set for the branch.

Cons

They make their branch goals almost impossible to reach. Their mentality on getting clients to open different accounts and products is comparable to that of a cheesy used car salesman. I took training, studied and got certifications to improve myself and my stock within the company so I could move up and I was constantly rejected. Then on the day I submitted my 2 week notice I was offered a management position but by that time I was so sick of how they did business, I didn't care.

Advice to Management

Making threats to your employees is not a great motivator in order to get more sales and accounts. It actually causes them to panic and they take whatever means necessary to meet the goals and often times quality of customer service is not up to par because they're only worried about getting people in accounts to meet specific goals instead of setting them up with the accounts that would be the best fit for the client.