Flashbay - Great time working for this young, dynamic company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flashbay

"Great time working for this young, dynamic company"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flashbay is a great place to make money. The company has many team and company events which for me as a foreigner, helped me to settle down in London. The work is fast-paced and enjoyable.

Cons

Not too many downsides. You are removed from receiving new leads when you take a holiday but I guess that's understandable as you need to catch up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Flashbay

"Great sales experience and rewarding commission scheme"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager

I have been working at Flashbay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission scheme is very rewarding and motivating. It's also very transparent so you get to see how much you earn for each sale. Location is nice and the offices are very diverse with people coming from all over Europe.

Cons

Career progression at the moment seems fairly limited as a sales account manager. There are openings for promotion to become a group leader however these are infrequent.

"Avoid this company if you value things like honesty, professionalism, fairness, ethics and well-being"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Flashbay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Possibly that it is easy getting hired, like someone else mentioned

Cons

If you read the past reviews you will notice that every negative one is closely followed by one or two very positive reviews. The reason for this is that the management have someone in the company, usually the HR, writing those. Hence, this review will probably be followed by a positive or maybe that will be too obvious.

The way the company acts on this matter is significant for the company in general. This is a company with a strong leader who acts like a dictator (who has frequent rage outbursts resulting in smashed phones), and who spends time listening to the staff’s phone calls and decide on punishments instead of dealing with the important issues of running a company. Hence, the company is ruled by arbitrary decisions, meticulous control, threats and punishments.

The mid level management are individuals who from the beginning share the company views on how to treat its staff or are weak and can easily be shaped in the same mould as the director.

There is an enormous unfairness in the company, where a few of the staff get away with everything whereas others get told of for arriving one minute late or taking the last bite of their sandwich at two minutes past eight. At one point the director removed some cutlery and bowls from the kitchen in order to stop people from having breakfast.

It usually takes about one month for new starters to realise what kind of a company they have joined. The staff turnover is extremely high and everybody that have been working in the company for more than half a year are only talking about how much they want to find another job and what the think about the so called managers.

From my years as an employee I have numerous of examples, more than I can even remember, of the strangest and frankly the most evil things this company is doing and that would make you very surprised. I can only mention a few, like without any reason taking leads from staff, threatening to fire staff without any formal ground, forbidding to leave voice mails, forbidding to keep any personal items on your desk, sweeping the managers’ suite for bugs etc.

Advice to Management

* Work one day under your own rules

* Do an internship/work for a normal company (maybe it would be good with some work experience other than from your own company). Although I seriously doubt that any company would employ/keep anyone of you.

* Start treating your staff like the very capable and responsible individuals they are.

* Use the knowledge and skills that your staff members possess (most of them have university degrees from various fields). But maybe you feel intimidated by that?

* Start acting like normal, polite grown ups by saying good morning, hello, have a nice weekend and Merry Christmas, to your employees.