Fleetcor - My Experience At Fleetcor Has Been Very Dysfunctional | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fleetcor

"My Experience At Fleetcor Has Been Very Dysfunctional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

It is in a relatively stable industry and the company is making lots of money, it pays the bills (marginally), they are lean and have not had any workforce reductions in my time there. Lastly, they offer lots of health wellness education for those that need it. Other than that Fleetcor does nothing more than provide a plain old job.

Cons

The culture here is very dysfunctional - lacks structure/organization. Communication from executive leadership is completely non-existent. The company is extremely disorganized and executes every new initiative poorly. Human Resources has more power than managers and executives. Company vendors are pathetic and not held accountable. The company is unethical. They do not give employees regular feedback on performance...perhaps that's because the company does not complete merit reviews - you will never get a raise, regardless of how hard you work or how well you perform - Who does that, especially when the company is making so much $$$? This breeds mediocre performance. Most of the middle managers and (especially the sales people) are lazy and incompetent. The culture is very reactive versus proactive. Benefits are sub-par if you have ever worked for an established company. No formal bonus structure is in place, although some people may be given one at the end of the year if they are liked. Half of the people across the entire organization are rude and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if given a chance. Culture is resistant to change and just wants to do things in the a$$ backward ways it's accustomed to doing them. No one is held accountable for anything.

Advice to Management

Whew...where do I start? Well you can start by reading the Cons above. 95% of your employees don't even know who you are. You don't communicate with them and it appears as though you don't believe employees are stakeholders of the corporation. That's a fundamental difference in what I believe. We don't know what the company's strategic plans/goals are because you never tell us. How do you expect the business units to align their activities to goals when you have not even shared the goals with them? You seriously need to reconsider the "no raise/merit increase" policy. When you do this, inflation increases the cost of living and it erodes your employees income, of course you know that, because you're smart and you're the boss. The brightest, most talented people will not stick around long under this policy. For crying out loud, Fleetcor is a public company now, it's time to start acting like one.

Other Employee Reviews for Fleetcor

"negative environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Pros

usually flexible with time off

Cons

pay, no opportunities, no annual raises-ever, micromanagement

Advice to Management

appreciate hard work and efforts, say thank you once in awhile

"good because I like the people I worked with"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

Pros

very muticultural, they hire a lot of ex military and older people so the atmophere is very professional and very respectful

They have the best configuration of SalesForce I have ever seen..

Cons

Biggest gripe is the way they treated me when I had two brothers die within two weeks, My manager actually wrote that I had missed a lot of work (5 days total) and talked to me. I promised that no one from my family would die in the next year and decided I was out of here.

Advice to Management

increase the call metrics needed (ok just made myself a target) allow people to make more calls without making it the "company standard"