Fletcher Building - It is ok | Glassdoor

"It is ok"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Systems Engineer

Pros

They are big and famous. Have so much resource

Cons

Not much opportunity in IT area

Other Employee Reviews for Fletcher Building

"Just because Fletcher's is the biggest, does not make us the best."

Current Employee - Civil Engineer
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer

Pros

Largest construction company in New Zealand provides access to some of the most interesting projects around. The Fletcher empire has everything you might need here in construction. Because of its size, its a great place to exist as an Engineer if you are average in abilities and ambition. Promotion will come with time served.

There are also some great people to work with and good managers. It can just be hit and miss.

Cons

Being the largest construction company in New Zealand and encumbant firm. The company's rhetoric and literature is of ingenuity, adaptability and continual progress. The reality is often quite different - and is entrenched all the way up to senior management. Being the largest firm with access to resources no other firm in New Zealand has, Fletcher Building relies on its size. In any other larger and more developed country it would not survive as it currently does or be the firm of choice.

Advice to Management

With the huge range of skills and abilities that Fletcher has in it's people, particularly Engineers and skilled tradesmen - ingenuity and performance should be better valued. New Zealand and Fletcher's wonder why so many are crossing the ditch. A lot of the answer lies at home.

2. "The corporate guys are stupid"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Corona, CA

I worked at Fletcher Building full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DECRA brand
    Local Decra managers and ceo
    Manufacturing excellence team
    Sales people

Cons

The roof corporate group especially the human resource department.
    They just moved to one of the most expensive areas in one of the most expensive buildings.

Advice to Management

The US leaders of DECRA are the ones who instruct us, train us and inspire us. We hate these Irvine guys and our leaders don't need them. I hear rumors of our head of sales and our president getting ready to leave. The president helped me find a job as soon as he heard I needed to move for my wife's job. He's a good guy. He's paid for people's college from his own bank account and treats us all with the same respect. So does sales Vice President and most of the OPEx group.
    Patricia in hr is nice and helpful.