Flextronics - Flextronics walks on eggshells and the employees suffer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

"Flextronics walks on eggshells and the employees suffer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician II in Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Customer Service Technician II in Fargo, ND

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flextronics Retail Technical Services (formerly known as Solectron USA) employed customer service technicians as a part of a contractual agreement with Verizon Wireless. Customers who had issues with their wireless devices would visit with one of the Flextronics technicians. Generally, it was a good working experience.

Cons

You could tell there was an invisible wall between the Verizon store personnel and the Flextronics technicians. Over time, the technicians started doing things that would normally have been done by a Verizon customer service representative in the store. The Verizon people were paid salary plus commission, while the Flextronics people were paid no commission. The technician positions were morphing into a Customer Service Representative position, and that was causing lots of consternation with the Verizon people, because the Flextronics people were suddenly taking sales and commissions away from them. It is a high turnover environment...in fact, I was let go from my position via a phone call from my manager. He didn't even have the guts to face me. Very dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

Now that the Flextronics contract with Verizon Wireless has expired and Flextronics no longer employs people in Verizon Wireless stores, now would be the perfect opportunity for your company to look in detail at what happened and learn from the mistakes that took place. You really need to put your people first.

Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics

"Flextronics"

Former Employee - Level III Technician in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Level III Technician in Louisville, KY

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pay, about all I have to say

Cons

no job security, they (flex) are willing to hire less qualified people and pay them less, than to keep seasoned professionals that have earned their pay.

Advice to Management

keep employees that have proven themselves over the years, instead of hiring new people for less with less experience.

2. "No matter what you do, you will be criticized."

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes interacting with customers was nice.
    When it was busy, time seemed to fly by.
    Learning about all the new phones was interesting, somewhat.

Cons

Management expects you to sell tons of accessories even when there are no customers. If I saw 10 customers that day, management would come up to me and ask "why didn't you hit your target of 10 sold accessories?" They would criticize you and pressure you even when it would be impossible to hit their targets.

Advice to Management

Part of my job might have been to sell accessories, but my primary job was to help customers get their phones replaced. When there's a line a dozen people long, do you really want me to pester a person for 5 minutes selling them accessories, and make the customers more dissatisfied? When I did that (at times), you were angry because the customers were getting upset!

Bottom line: Try to look at the situation and figure out what your priorities are and what you really expect from your employees. Have realistic expectations.