Flextronics - Supportive and Team-focused Work Environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

"Supportive and Team-focused Work Environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flextronics is very team focused and, despite how lean we are from a resource perspective, you will almost NEVER hear "that's not my job" or "You're on your own".... As a Manager, I have a great team supporting me and the company.

The benefits are very competitive for this area. Salaries are fair, not amazing. 401K is 1:1 up to 4%. Healthcare plans are great, with up to $400 free up front to be used for deductibles, copays, etc, and any remaining carries over to the next year. Bonus structure varies by level; 5% or 10% of base which can be met from 0% to 200% per quarter.

Work-life balance depends on your work area and level.

Cons

Training could be improved.

If you are at the operational level (inspectors, line operators) weekends are heavily required. As you get into engineering, program management and management, weekends either rotate responsibility or are not expected at all.

Advice to Management

You can only get too lean, before you become anorexic. Things are getting a bit dicey with coverage levels and things are starting to slip through the cracks. While I know this is corporate driven, it could push the site in the wrong direction for our current and hopeful customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses are very good when met, and the team in my location is awesome

Cons

Being a contractor means constant changes for performance metrics

"Make sure you choose the correct location"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive and benefits are great but downgraded. Work load is depending on what account you work with, sometime great while sometime hectic. Some senior management are decent while some act hyper most of the time. Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time.

Cons

Unless you just want paycheck then this location is worse for you. There are less chance for an advancement. Be ready to work under one who barely speaks english who's educational credential never been verified. This place hardly work as a team and most of the times it's all about "I" instead "us" crazy but true. Here are the breakdowns depending on what you're interested in. Analyst: Work get done but unexpected demands that must get meet, it's harsh demand most of the time with short timeline. Program manager: Mostly ego between each other and group building to play politics. Testing: Most won't last long here because this plant has awkward understanding about testing, also extreme pressure from customers. Quality: Your name will be on paper but you will be doing nothing or considered for nothing. Process: All day long every day play with pipes and build benches, everything else is beyond their scope of work or simply waste of paid time if they try to do anything. IT: Great place to learn then must get out. Facility: random changes that you will scratch your bald head mode than you actually work here. Lead: Listen to him listen to her listen to all, no ideas what you will do here. Supervisor: Make a point and stand on your legs or else someone else will run the show, very strange. Manager: Same as a supervisor and ready to stay under a gun, you will hardly make any good decisions. Line people: Lucky to have regular hours, sometime too many sometime less. It's a cut dog eat dob business. They try many ideas and talent but nothing works at sometime. If you're talented then stay away. Many talented works here however find themselves trapped and looking for exit. Nothing negative these are all realities.

Advice to Management

Nothing....may be one. Do not give power to uneducated barely english speaking idiots. Hire some locals instead of wasting time of talent hire people. This place is what it should deserve.