Flight Options - Wishing we had the management style of Southwest Airlines, where all my buddies have gone | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flight Options

"Wishing we had the management style of Southwest Airlines, where all my buddies have gone"

Current Employee - Pilot

Pros

Schedule, domicile and a pilot group thats a blast to work with

Cons

Low pay, old aircraft, management that has never listened....

Advice to Management

give us a contract so we can get back to work

Other Employee Reviews for Flight Options

"Lousy Company to work for..Better of at Home Depot you get a 401k match there"

Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at Flight Options full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

only pro is a set schedule..for most unless you get forced on a 16/2 in that case Home Depot wins again. Seriously not a disgruntled employee just a beaten down one. Looking back I should of taken the advice of another pilot that told me run as fast as you can the other way..That was 15 years ago...

Cons

Middle management is incompetent, they try to instill fear and intimidation on pilot group. Basically there the screw ups that upper management promoted. Chief pilot n program managers all included. Consistely make dumb decision and will not listen to a suggestion cause they got to show you who is in CHARGE!! there are totally reacative instead of proactive..Alot of wasted money goes to there salaries especially the PSMs who sit around doing nothing laughing and bragging how they look busy when someone walks thru the OCC and then back to there Facebook page..

Advice to Management

Fire every one of your managers from your Chief pilot down and start over..You have alot of smart people working there utilize them and get rid of the Retards..

"Its better than unemployment"

Current Employee - Hawker 800XP, PIC
    Current Employee - Hawker 800XP, PIC

Pros

A paycheck twice a month only slightly less than other Fractional Pilots.
    A Schedule that is good for those senior enough to bid 7 & 7.
    Great Work Rules and Job protection since contract with IBT 1108 from April 2010.

Cons

Loyality is a one-way street going up.
    Middle management refuses to have a good Idea or accept one if they hear it.
    Management is all about greed....they ACT like they are concerned about the employees but DECIDE based on Profit Margin.

Advice to Management

Don't fear the Majority of pilots just because they don't agree with you. They will still do the work, and their disagreement is often a win/win solution. Don't change the application of rules to the group as a whole over the negative actions of a few.... correct the few. Finally, you can correct most bad behavior without always being spring-loaded to the "death penalty"