Flite - In all honesty--a great place to work--and I'm a female! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flite

"In all honesty--a great place to work--and I'm a female!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The employees and culture at Flite were bar-none the best of any company that I have worked with. I made some great friends during my time at the company and found it to be a great working environment.

It's a fast-paced and intellectually challenging environment that's also very fun and creative.

The only reason why I left the company was due to the fact that I approached by another company with an opportunity that was impossible to pass up--but it was definitely a hard choice to leave Flite.

Cons

As a female employee who was with the company for two years, I can attest that there are not that many female employees at the company, BUT I always felt that my ideas and professional growth were encouraged by my male superiors. Also during my time at Flite, I got the sense that the company recognized there was a dearth of female employees and actively was working to recruit and promote females within the company, and went out of their way to ensure that female employees had opportunities for job growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees and retain the fun culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Flite

1. "Great, fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

As a whole, management really strives to make Flite a great place to work. Within the entire company there's plenty of very talented, creative, and intelligent people that are great to work with. HR seems to get that benefits are just OK, but is striving to make them better. The company also emphasizes the intangibles that make a great office: catered lunches once a week, quarterly team outings, a fully stocked kitchen, and quarterly hack days. The product is constantly evolving which makes working at Flite a fun challenge.
    The CEO is very approachable and open to concerns and feedback.

Cons

Employees in the non-Engineering groups have expressed some dissatisfaction with their management. Some managers' hiring practices seem suspect which would account for some of the turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture that made Flite great a priority and keep bringing in great people. Don't be afraid to remove people (at all levels) that aren't working out as long as they've been given a fair shot.

2. "Perfect professional mix of opportunity, challenge, collaboration and FUN!"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

A core expectation of all employees at Flite is to be a good citizen. And that makes a great company!
    There is a strong & individual sense of social responsibility. Everyone seems to be personally invested in contributing in a positive way. No single one of us can build a culture on our own. It feels great to be a part of such an inspired team. And it’s been that way from the beginning.
    The leadership team is genuine, passionate and very approachable. I’ve seen management invest equally in people, regardless of gender and we celebrate star efforts weekly during our full company product release & demos. If you move the bar on the company goals, you will be recognized and rewarded.

Our Culture Club (an x-team of employees representative of all business units) keeps a pulse on what is needed to keep this place rockin’ and annual independent and anonymous survey in Q1 2012 showed 84% overall company satisfaction.

Yoga at lunchtime and an endless supply of fruit are great perks, but ultimately, my work at Flite is rewarding because I have a group of leaders and peers pushing me to think, produce, grow and feel good about my contributions!

Cons

change via company growth can be complicated. There's no reason to pretend its got to stay the same to be great.

Advice to Management

keep up the transparency, recognition and open door policies