Florida Blue - Wouldn't want to leave | Glassdoor

"Wouldn't want to leave"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Project Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Florida Blue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family friendly, diverse, flexible work arrangements, great salaries.

Cons

Expensive benefits, high health insurance deductibles.

Advice to Management

Truly listen to what everyday workers say about their management. Then act.

Other Employee Reviews for Florida Blue

"A relationship based company"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Florida Blue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits for employees. Great pay and benefits for executives and middle managers. Good technology.

Cons

You have to go along to get along. All promotions, hiring and firing are based on who you know not your skills. The politics are viscous and that blocks innovation. If you suggest an idea without your boss’ support and approval; there will be retribution. This is particularly true in the IT department. Last year an IT executive fired 8 middle managers and then bragged in a staff meeting how she got revenge on her enemies.

Advice to Management

When you delegate responsibility, delegate equivalent authority! Empower your front line and middle managers to make decisions according to their responsibilities. Making decisions by consensus means nobody is held accountable. Just because somebody has worked there for 20 years, does not mean they are competent.

"Florida Blue does not care about their contractors they have at their company"

Former Contractor - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Florida Blue as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The co workers and some of the managers were very pleasant to work with and for.

Cons

Some managers were not pleasant to work for. They treat their contractors like garbage! I was told on Friday 2/1/2013 that I had a contract extension until July, 6 2013. I came to work that following Monday worked my shift and was not told anything was changing. I received a call from my recruiter that night saying my contract had been terminated immediately! My original contract was not supposed to be up until 02/15/2013. I could have been transferred to a different department because my old position was available, however because I was terminated I can no longer go back to that company for a year.

Advice to Management

They need to actually give people notice that the contract is ending even if we are just contractors. It also would be nice if they check to see if there are other job opportunities for us before they just terminate us for no reason!