Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - N/A | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

"N/A"

Pros

Very good co-workers who want to see you success. Very good work/life balance.

Cons

No cons for working here.

Other Employee Reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

1. "Updated Review..."

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the better state agencies to work for. They at least try to promote from within whenever possible. Great work/life balance and of course benefits.

Cons

Reiterating what the majority of other reviews say, the pay is ridiculously low and getting a Special Pay Increase is almost impossible. Although I have moved up quite a bit during my two years here, I now feel like I have to wait for someone to die or retire in order to move up more. There is no incentive to work hard, no competition. If you made the environment slightly more cut throat I guarantee things would get done around here and more efficiently. The time and money wasted on pointless meetings/parties is appalling. I get that it is a morale booster to a certain extent, but its a bit much. You are literally scolded for wanting to work late or from home, but at the same time your work load is constantly increasing resulting from employees not doing their jobs. We cannot get good talent because we are held to a ridiculous hiring standard and by the off chance we do hire someone good, they leave in less than two years.

Advice to Management

Cut out the frivolous spending (i.e. parties, meetings) and actually recognize the employees who work hard. Throw a bonus or a pay increase their way. The "no money in the budget" excuse is absolute malarkey. If a division wants someone/something bad enough they'll "find" the money somehow. Lose the dead weight around here. You have four people hired to do the same job, but only two of those people actually work. Foster an environment that encourages people to work harder and more efficiently.You would be surprised, there are actually state workers who want to work and how do a really good job. Acknowledge those workers...

2. "FDACS Laboratory Review and description Chemist"

Current Employee - Enironmental Specialist III (Chemist) in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Enironmental Specialist III (Chemist) in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Labs have a family feel. Work and Pay are both pretty consistent with good medical and flexible schedules

Cons

Upper management has no clue and the environment is gradually becoming toxic based on that extremely poor management. Yes we have a pension and No you don't want it. Both pay and advancement opportunities are stagnate pay is horrible you can't expect any kind of annual pay raise. Last one any of us got was because we hadn't had one in almost 10 yrs and it was less than 2% raise.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Fight for them instead against them they really want to do the job well, as a rule.

Work at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Share Your Experiences

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services