Florida Department of Health - Became less intelligent with this position. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Department of Health

"Became less intelligent with this position."

Current Contractor - Health Support Technician
Current Contractor - Health Support Technician

I have been working at Florida Department of Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to be lazy, not think at work and not get fired for anything, this could be the job for you. Working in the public can be really great at times, the people you work with are very genuine.

Cons

The pay was horrible. I personally love my job, I have short days and most of the time have great moments throughout the day. But to keep this job, I had to get a side job waiting tables like I did all through college. Other people in the same job I have, Health support technician, are far less qualified.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified people, and pay them better.

Other Employee Reviews for Florida Department of Health

"A good agency, good people, good cause corrupted by incompetent and politically motivated administration."

I worked at Florida Department of Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are excellent people there who want to make a difference and accomplish good things. If you are just starting your career you will find lots of learning opportunities and some mentors, and perhaps if you stick around and political winds change, you can move yourself up when competence and courage return.

Cons

Managers still there have to tuck their tails and keep their heads low. Current administration treats public sevice with neglect and disdain, and puts only those who don't question authority in executive position. Floridians deserve better.

Advice to Management

I realize that the only way to stick around as a manager nowadays is to keep your mouth shut, but what you gain now you give up with your long term reputation. This time period with the agency will always be tainted.

2. "Need better communications"

Pros

Worthwhile mission.
    Opportunity to make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

Ineffective management.
    Almost total lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Walk around. Talk to people. Be visible. Understand what's going on at service delivery level. Share the big picture with employees. Engage employees in joint pursuit of goals.