Florida Hospital - A great, diverse, opportunity of growth and exploration. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Hospital

"A great, diverse, opportunity of growth and exploration."

Former Employee - Patient Access in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Patient Access in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always a family type of environment

Cons

Adhering to some of the Adventist principles, if you are not Adventist

Advice to Management

Hear the voices of ALL staff members, not just management. Get all view points and vantages

Other Employee Reviews for Florida Hospital

1. "Great, ethical place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are appreciated and valued. Security. They rarely fire people here.

Cons

Don't go to Billing where they monitor your every move. Registration is the peon of grunt work. They don't pay nearly enough.

Advice to Management

The 1%-3% raises on a $11-$17 per hour rate isn't even ok. We work our tails off for FH, we need more. Seriously, a lot more. You can hardly survuive on that rate. I enjoy working for a great company, I wish that my hard work would reflect in my income. Also, insurance is way too expensive. My husband gets better insurance at a corporation.

"Better than you realize"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The marketing department is a great place to work if you are starting out or if you have a family. The atmosphere is to work hard and earn your flexibility. You'll get to know many people in different departments while in this position. They give you a lot of ability to come up with your own plans and strategic ideas. If you work hard, you can achieve a lot. They are great at offering team building activities such as friday trail rides on bikes etc to help you get to know the rest of the marketing team. Lots of community involvement and partnerships. Plus, you're off at 2:30 on Fridays!

Cons

There is a lot of top down political challenges. Things have to be done a certain way due to the legal team and gives less creativity for the marketing department. The hospitals are somewhat in competition with one another. This makes it hard to communicate with each other and ask for advice from other marketers at your sister hospitals.

Advice to Management

Restructure team to create silos of social, research, strategy, web, events etc. Hire employees with prior marketing experience.