Florida State University - I was honored to have been given the opportunity to be an adjunct instructor. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Florida State University

"I was honored to have been given the opportunity to be an adjunct instructor."

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Florida State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the opportunity to offer professional experience and input along with the valuable content delivered in teaching typography to graphic design students. The department personnel were welcoming and very helpful with all my dealings. The experience was very useful and I learned a lot about academia and the college experience currently.

Cons

Some aspects of the process which seemed very automatic to those in the department were not in place and the initial setup of logins, email accounts and communications took effort to get in place. It all worked out fine, however.

Advice to Management

Maybe offer more explicit expectations at the outset and follow up in the first few weeks.

Other Employee Reviews for Florida State University

1. "research"

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant

I worked at Florida State University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

paycheck was fine, environment was great. weather was nice, personal growth was good, salary was fine work place was nice

Cons

paycheck was not enough, environment was bad. weather was too hot, personal growth was not present, salary was very little work place was bad

Advice to Management

pay me more

2. "Fitness Instructor at Leach - Perfect Part-Time Job for Motivated Student!"

Former Employee - Fitness Instructor in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Fitness Instructor in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Florida State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-worker culture, energetic team environment, great upper level staff leadership.

Cons

Scheduling changes were sometimes challenging with last minute changes towards the ends of the semesters.

Advice to Management

Be sure your team feels comfortable working with each other, do the ice breakers as soon as possible! Start to utilize the FMC more now that it is complete - great facility! Could have more small group training promoted more strongly in the future.