Fluid - Great people, low pay, little up-side. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fluid

"Great people, low pay, little up-side."

Current Employee - Executive
Current Employee - Executive

I have been working at Fluid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people--some really cool people work there. They also do some fun things, e.g. parties, events.

Cons

Management treats people like objects: happy to do lay offs when business slows down, happy to not be up front about difficult financial situations with the company overall (will paint a happy picture, then lay people off two weeks later). Management doesn't always do what they say. Management doesn't make hard decisions quickly, or sometimes at all. Fluid tends to low-ball when hiring, then allocates very little $ for raises. Your likelihood of increasing your income in line with the industry at Fluid is very low. The founders don't want to sell, or IPO, so the stock options are also unlikely to be of any value. Only Directors and above get options also.

Other Employee Reviews for Fluid

"Stay away"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fluid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really nice people, but most are on their way out anyway.

Cons

This company used to be good to work for but has become progressively worse. You'll work long hours with no recognition and no value is placed on you or your work. For such a small company it's crazy how you're viewed as just another cog in the machine. You're encouraged to "tell on" your peers and people that have been there for years that are super smart and dedicated are gone in an instant without rhyme or reason. In a nutshell, you'd be better off unemployed than working for this company. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand, you're running this business into the ground.

"Employees aren't worth much to Fluid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fluid full-time

Pros

I worked with some really nice people here. If it weren't for these people I'd have nothing but cons to say.

Cons

I'm pretty sure the other reviews here are written by recruiters or company leadership.

THE CONS:
    - Growing way too quickly. Interview process not in depth so it is easy for bad candidates to be hired
    - They do not value their employees. When I was there they told us that the company was doing great. Two days later they laid a bunch of people off
    - Benefits severly lacking. They buy a fruit basket each week for the whole office, but it is so small that most of it is gone within an hour
    - They pay very little in comparison to their competition.
    - Working late is the norm. People are expected to check email on vacation
    - No career planning or mamagement support for career growth
    - Very depressing work environment
    - Some employees there are very hostile and unwilling to help
    - Too many project managers in comparison to engineers
    - Most work is independent
    - No clear company mission. When I was there it was revised to "creating online experiences that delight our users."
    - Outdated technology like Actionscript and PHP. No engineering standards whatsoever

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about company finances. Invest in your employees. Encourage work-life balance. Figure out what your company does that makes it stick out from the competition.