Fluid - Great to be part of an organization that is on the front end of innovation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fluid

"Great to be part of an organization that is on the front end of innovation."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Incredible people. Challenging and innovative projects.

Cons

Can be a bit consuming and off balance.

Advice to Management

Focus on the big picture and do a better job marketing the amazing work we do for our clients.

Other Employee Reviews for Fluid

1. "Focused on retail E-Commerce, Fluid is an exceptional small company with the benefits of a much larger one."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company is filled with energetic, smart people who care about their work. The company works with top brands in the retail space and anything you do has the potential to be seen by millions. Even though it's a small company, the benefits are comparable to much larger ones. The place is well managed with a focused plan. Communication is very open with management sharing the good, bad and ugly with the staff. It's a fun place to work.

Cons

The only real downside to working at Fluid would be around size. They only have two offices and are not international yet. Additionally, you don't get some of the perks, like free food and sodas that you find at large tech companies.

Advice to Management

Ensure you continue your focus on the staff and the hiring process.

2. "Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Fluid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people. Data-driven design. Relaxed atmosphere with good work/life balance, and many engineers work from home. There's opportunity to grow here; I've seen several engineers receive promotions in the last 6 months, including myself.

My manager listens to my concerns and acts on them. When I said I didn't want to travel often, he made it happen.

Fluid's Bay Area, but it's not a startup; it's been in business 18 years, so I saw it as a less risky career move.

So far I am very happy here.

Cons

Small company means less resources and some inconsistent or undocumented processes (such as onboarding). Project work can get hectic, but when is that not true? We're software engineers.

Advice to Management

Some on the agency side feel that management is focused on product. Some on the product side seem to feel that management is focused on agency. Providing a clear message and strategy of how these facets can work together will go a long way to making more campers happy.