Fluidigm - Dynamic Growth Company | Glassdoor

"Dynamic Growth Company"

Pros

Lots of opportunities, great place to learn.

Cons

Some favoritism over merit-based promotions.

Other Employee Reviews for Fluidigm

1. "Sucks!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

Stock options if the company goes public

Cons

You can clock your half life at the company but no recognition for that.Sycophants will get their way though the ladder.Moreover, very little transparency about the finances of the company.

Advice to Management

Respect the dignity of employees.

"Great place to be a scientist; More challenging for engineers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fluidigm full-time

Pros

What stands out most about my experience at Fluidigm is how extraordinarily supportive the company was of its employees at a personal level. The company focused on employee development through a continuous training program driven by the HR team. In addition, during my time at the company, there were a number of people dealing with health or personal issues that impacted their ability to work. In all cases, the company went out its way to accommodate them, providing extra support at the office and even transportation to and from work. Clearly, the company cared about skills development and the well-being of employees and backed that up with concrete action. This, in my experience, is uncommon, and created a sense of community.

Cons

Professionally, I found Fluidigm to be good place for scientists to extend themselves, but not as much for engineers. In my experience, striking the balance between science and engineering is always a hard thing to manage. At the time I was there, science was completely in control. There are some extremely bright scientists there, and to be fair, this is a science driven company, rather than an engineering driven one. But, you still need engineering to translate the vision into a viable product that can be manufactured in a scalable way. The science-first environment was not as conducive to the engineering process as it could have been

The engineering teams at Fluidigm were quite talented and dedicated. I found them to be largely a fine group of people to work with, both in the US and in Singapore. However, the path for growth and advancement was not as clear for engineers as it was for scientists. Professionally, this can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

There have been major changes at the C-level of the company in the past few months. This change in leadership may present new opportunities as the company seeks new directions for growth. I would encourage candidates to seek to understand how the changes could create opportunities and a career path at the company in ways that may not have been previously available .