Fluor - good | Glassdoor

"good"

Current Employee - Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Fluor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work at fluor ltd

Cons

n/a applicable this area of work

Advice to Management

good

Other Employee Reviews for Fluor

1. "Very Satisfied former employee"

Former Employee - Materials Control Specialist in Jalālābād, Nangarhar Province (Afghanistan)

I worked at Fluor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safety
    Cares about Employees
    Good Company to work for.

Cons

None at this time. Will surely recommend to friends.

Advice to Management

Well Done

2. "MCS1 - OCN - Tier4, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan"

Former Contractor - Materials Control Specialist I in Khowst (Afghanistan)
    Former Contractor - Materials Control Specialist I in Khowst (Afghanistan)

I worked at Fluor as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

R&R bonuses and duration.
    Nothing else.

Please note this applies only on Afghanistan section and not the Fluor in general.

Cons

Bad management who came on the position through "whom do you know rather than how qualified are you" method.
    Poor organization in general, lack of business support on the FOBs, poor training and development, poor safety culture and standards.
    No advancement opportunities... for OCNs especially.
    OCNs in general have less rights than expats: no cellphone, no computer, no gym, 3 times lower salary, general discrimination by management, etc.
    But most important... extremely low recruiting standards!
    Here's my experience: My recruiter on the interview asked me only two questions: "How was your trip?" and "Do you have any questions?". There were people who did not understood a simplest sentence in English and they were still hired! Only one guy who did not understood the question: "When were you born?" was rejected (1 out of 30). Also people who lied everything but their name in the resume were hired! How can former manual laborer with no English skills whatsoever and no work experience with computers can be hired as a Senior MCS?
    Recruiters hired low quality workforce for high demanding positions and that caused majority of the problems.
    The "open door" policy here means if you don't like it the doors are always open for you to leave!

Advice to Management

Resign and take your recruiters with you. That's where all your problem started!