Fluor - Senior Manager Information Technology | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fluor

"Senior Manager Information Technology"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Information Technology in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Senior Manager Information Technology in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Fluor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good salary and the employees around the globe were a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There was too much politics that was factored into career progression especially in mid to senior management. Too many unqualified individuals ended up in management positions. A lot of these managers didn't understand how to lead.

Advice to Management

Business Line executive management needs to be flushed out and replaced with competent execs who care about their employees and the preserving the companies history and longevity rather than focusing on their own salaries and empires.

Other Employee Reviews for Fluor

1. "Fluor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Fluor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fluor supports higher education and individual growth.

Cons

Fluor is extremely political. Sometimes issues are overrided due to friendships.

Advice to Management

Fluor employees should receive more recognition.

2. "Plant Operator"

Current Employee - Plant Operator in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Plant Operator in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Fluor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a lot to say, in the position I was in. The facility they do contract work for the other company , is a mess.

Cons

Don't know , where to start. Very mismanaged, never saw the supervisor, maybe once out of the six months I was there.

Before, I took the job, they must have gone through well over 2 dozen people, and the contract company I worked for ,warned me about them. And they were right.

I believe the good comments on this company in my position, probably are unionize people. This job wasn't. Not saying all unions are good, but in this case with this facility they out weight the mismanagement here.

Co-workers were pretty much never happy , a lot of narrow mind Hecks that worked there. A lot of the senior workers, wanted to quit , but couldn't because , they were too old. So, you can get the picture here. The company theY do work for , couldn't careless about the facility and mostly like are just stringing it along unlit they close it in 5ys. They also, couldn't care less for the safety around there either. (Fluor was too busy blaming their workers not themselves, which is BS)

Advice to Management

Need to clean house with your management here & get rid of the Senior operators that don't want to be there.