Flying Point Digital - Great place to gain experience and start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Flying Point Digital

"Great place to gain experience and start a career"

Current Employee - SEO Analyst
Current Employee - SEO Analyst

Pros

They have a good meritocracy there in terms of promotions but it does take a while to get a salary from an internship position, though it does/will happen.

You have a lot of independence and, once you prove yourself, management will trust you and you can really take on responsibility and grow. As long as you communicate your value well to your boss and the president of the company, you can get a decent salary.

They are fair with days off and sick days, just give them a few days heads up.

I was able to get a lot of experience quickly.

The area is easy to get to and has lots of lunch options.

Monthly happy hours, bagel thursdays and summer hours.

Cons

They don't offer very good benefits, hence why it is a good place to start a career, and the office environment isn't very nice, but they do have free bagel thursdays and monthly happy hours.

Management doesn't do a lot to improve the way things are done and things can get stagnant. Computers and technological infrastructure isn't too good (old computers).

Very high turnover rate.

They can sometimes get bullied by their clients.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your company, a nicer office environment, may be a few more perks (having good coffee, soda and snacks around would be a cheap thing you could do). You run an internet marketing company, great computers and more modern decor should be a no-brainer.

If you want more senior people, you should also step up your benefits to compete with the many other places they can and do go.

Make sure your hierarchy is more well defined to prevent complications between employees. There should probably be more interdepartmental cooperation going on when clients overlap departements.

Other Employee Reviews for Flying Point Digital

1. "Life-Changing & Incredably Fun Place to Be Employed"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I really have been afforded the opportunity to grow and learn with Flying Point in a way that few jobs can offer you. My favorite parts of working here include access to best of breed tools, the continuing education opportunities afforded to us, or the reasonably laid back atmosphere, and of course bagel Tuesday. Thursday happy hour isn't too bad either!

Highlights include:
    - Ability to grow and take on more responsibility
    - Even as an entry level employee your opinions and ideas are valued
    - It's a very open and collaborative environment

Cons

Bagel Tuesday only occurs on Tuesdays, while I understand the need to make this a special occasion, I suggest we implement another food day into the week. In all seriousness, after a year and a half I haven't got a bad thing to say about FPD.

Advice to Management

Keep the teams growing, and keep up the great work. More continuing education opportunities, grateful of the numerous ones we have, but can't ever have too much. It's important to note, we DO have many opportunities, I'm just saying, there's never enough learning.

2. "Exceptional Hands On Experience"

Current Intern - SEO Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - SEO Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Flying Point Digital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great list of clients
    - Cooperative work culture - everyone is on their A Game and treats every client with the attention and respect they deserve
    - Exceptional work/life balance
    - Experienced upper management
    - Interns aren't dealt menial tasks but rather are given the opportunity to pursue the type of tasks they'd be dealing with at upper levels in their respective positions
    - Learning opportunities are abundant and very fast - webinars, conferences, etc

Cons

Need more bagels on Bagel Tuesday!