Focus 360 - A Black Hole for Your Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Focus 360

"A Black Hole for Your Career"

Former Employee - Skilled Non-Boot Licking Employee
Former Employee - Skilled Non-Boot Licking Employee

Pros

If you have no marketable skills, artistic talent, almost made it through the local Community College but do have world class brown-nosing skills then this place is your El Dorado. They will probably be out of business soon so this may be irrelevant, but don't expect any promotions or raises here based on performance. These things are gauged strictly by who takes the owner and his closest boot lickers to lunch, loses money to them at poker night and tells them how smart they are. The best thing about this place is not working there anymore.

Cons

They say they "Work Hard and Play Hard" but it's hard to get any real work done there when you've got a company so bloated with incompetent "leads" and "managers" who spend most of their time justifying their titles by lining up to kiss the owner's shoes. This place is run like North Korea: a small talentless group of brown nosers surround a leader and tell him how brilliant he is while the company rots away. If not for the housing bubble this place would've collapsed long ago.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen to anyone while we still worked there, let's not kid ourselves that they would now. The problem is that they started to believe their own PR about how they are a leader in the industry despite all evidence to the contrary.

Other Employee Reviews for Focus 360

"good place"

I have been working at Focus 360 full-time

Pros

always pushing for better quality

Cons

sometimes process can be a hindrance

"Artist"

Former Employee - Artist in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Artist in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Focus 360 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved this job. I would never have left if the economy had not forced lay offs. I learned so much while I worked there. I made great life long friends. The company did the best of their abilities to take care of their employees, even in hard times. They encouraged learning new technologies and communication of that knowledge with coworkers.

Cons

I want to come back. Cons are there is just not enough work to make me full time again. At times, some projects are managed a little haphazardly by PDs. Also....letting the client dictate SO MUCH can really hurt a project and wastes money in the long run.

Advice to Management

Hire me back. Full time please. Seriously - PD's need the freedom to tell a client "No" and not be afraid for it. Letting clients dictate so much and always saying "yes" to every small demand, is what wasted money years ago. Stand your ground, PD's.