Follett - Not bad for the pay. | Glassdoor

"Not bad for the pay."

Former Employee - Textbook Clerk in Flint, MI
Former Employee - Textbook Clerk in Flint, MI

I worked at Follett part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discount on text books, flex scheduling, decent people to work with, not an overly difficult job.

Cons

customers parents, upper management, slow computer systems.

Other Employee Reviews for Follett

"Great for a student worker, but a dead end for a career."

Current Employee - Cashier in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Follett part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours that tailor to student classes, fast friendly environment, discounts on books, clothes and graduation items.

Cons

90% temp work - expect short hours and only for 2 weeks. If you become a regular hourly worker get ready to work twice as hard for the bare minimum in wage and hours.

Advice to Management

Be proactive in what students want. Also books are the thing of the past and technology needs to be a priority.

"hire people who actually care about what they're doing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

I have been working at Follett part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was fun when I 1st got hired but now I despise working here. Software is propitiatory and constantly crash.

Cons

There really is a lot here to put in. The 1 thing I would say about Follett is that management does not care about anything but their salary, and that even includes them violating several company policies. They expect me to be a complete jerk when having to deal with customers, constantly contradict each other, pull me in different directions all the time and if I even open my mouth to help out a co-worker I get chewed out for it. I'm sorry but its not right that I have to bust my chops having to work in an entire department by myself while the other associates that re suppose to work in my department fail to show up to work and while everyone else can enjoy working with other people and get to enjoy their jobs while I get to work in a miserable work environment. I even get in trouble for "smiling". When does smiling ever become such a bad thing? As a result I am getting pulled in multiple directions and it seems that regardless of what I do I am in fault for everything that happens.

Advice to Management

Get managers who actually know how to respect people, don't act like jerks and are competent in their jobs.