Fonality - Great Start Up! | Glassdoor

"Great Start Up!"

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Culver City, CA
Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Fonality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales culture, good compensation, great team.

Cons

Amazing CEO & founder Chris Lyman was running the show when I was there, he was incredible and innovative. He is no longer at the helm, and the company has suffered slightly due to his departure.

Other Employee Reviews for Fonality

"A dynamic yet satisfyingly challenging workplace"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Fonality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For those who wish to learn something new everyday, Fonality delivers. No one day is like the other, so if you want to learn and feel challenged without necessarily feeling overwhelmed, Fonality is the place to work.

There's a real sense of team and although there is a good number of things to do on a daily basis, you can depend on your fellow co-workers for help. But the goodwill you feel within your own department isn't limited to just your department. If there's an issue that extends beyond your department, you can lean on your fellow co-workers in other departments without the whole feeling that your encroaching someone else's "jurisdiction" or vice versa. There's real camaraderie here.

Cons

Although they give 2 weeks paid vacation, increase in how fast you accrue PTO doesn't occur until after you worked here for 5 years. That seems to be on the long side.

"Moving in the right direction"

Pros

Company is moving in the right direction. Given new management, they are learning from their mistakes and walking to a much better place. As difficult as it is, looking back on previous months shows that we are always in a better place than we were.

Cons

Like I said, it's difficult, particularly with the short staff, but they're making good headway.

Fonality Response

Sep 18, 2013 – Director of Human Resources

We are always looking into moving in the right direction and improving ourselves and I'm glad you feel we are headed in the right direction. At times it can feel like we're doing 10 jobs at once... More