Food For The Hungry - People come for the vision, leave because of the administration. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Food For The Hungry

"People come for the vision, leave because of the administration."

Pros

Outstanding vision, comprehensive understanding of poverty, holistic perspective, nice people, respected name, evangelical, hasn't abandoned the church, large enough to have options, entrepreneurial jobs.

Cons

Extremely difficult to administer. So decentralized that it lacks accountability.

Advice to Management

I've seen how difficult it is to administer, and I don't want your job. Focus on product lines.

Other Employee Reviews for Food For The Hungry

1. "Best Place with Christian Values"

Former Employee - IT Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Food For The Hungry full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a great room to grow

Cons

There were lots of leadership changes happening which impacted performance of the organization

2. "Committed to Solving All Forms of Hunger"

Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Food For The Hungry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Food for the Hungry for the past several years has certainly had its ups and downs. The positives of the work environment are that the management team there demonstrates their commitment to the staff. It can be stressful at time and my director consistently affirms me and my role. My staff all care about each other and chip in when work becomes high volume or stressful. The hiring of Gary Edmonds has been a proverbial game changer as he has brought stability and strategic direction to Food for the Hungry. I care about my work as I know they care about me.

Cons

In the past, we had some lack of clarity regarding strategic direction, I'm pleased to say that's changing and it's becoming more and more clear about where we are headed and what we should be doing.

Advice to Management

Continue what you've started. Don't be afraid to make changes when they're necessary. Eliminate roadblocks to getting things done.