Force 3 - Too much internal politics; uninspiring middle management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Force 3

"Too much internal politics; uninspiring middle management"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Crofton, MD
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Crofton, MD

I worked at Force 3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few hard working individuals, especially the Marketing team. Small onsite exercise room.

Cons

What did Thumper say? "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"?

The management team, particularly middle management, is very uninspiring. There always seems to be some sort of internal drama or politics going on. It is ridiculous. At the middle layer, the middle management neither manages nor leads. A very dysfunctional work environment with high turn over for front line FTE. Engineers are treated with little respect.

They often over-emphasize fun over business. If I want to have fun, I would've stayed in college at the frat house. Do not force the weird activities down everyone's throats. Those type of activities should happen naturally rather than being forced on people.

Advice to Management

Cut the dead wood. Honestly, I have no idea what half of middle management does except sit behind their desks all day.

Other Employee Reviews for Force 3

"Still growing after 20 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD

Pros

As is the case with most of these websites, it seems like only the unhappy people write reviews. So, I thought I'd take a second to briefly describe my impression of Force 3 as a very satisfied employee. While not perfect, Force 3 provides a dynamic, challenging, and yes often fun work environment. The vibe is definitely on the younger side, but most are eager to perform well, be recognized, and be a key part of the company's success.

While there has been moderate to heavy change in the management structure over the last few years, they are clearly doing something right as each of the last three years have resulted in record revenues and record net profits.

All-in-all, IMHO, Force 3 is on the right track and I hope to stay on for the ride.

Cons

Can definitely be stressful on the sales and engineering side of the house. Partner/Manufacturer loyalty model limits the salesforce's ability to provide the best solution in every case.

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on your most valuable resources as our competitors are heavily recruiting our top performers.

"Good Future"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Crofton, MD

Pros

I have worked for Force 3 for quite some time. Yes, there is changes and yes, there is some uncertantnty but the company is growing..that is usually what happens. The work environment is good. Great peoeple and very collabative atmosphere...if your not a team player you will not be successful. They pretty much tell you that the whole time....if you lie about that, you will not last long. The employees are very passionate about what they do...very exiting to see the engineers in action.

Cons

The hours..there are some times you work longer hours when working on projects. They say they work hard and play hard.... Upside play, downside work really hard.

Advice to Management

Keep going forward but remember to check in once in a while with your employees...a lot of people love working for Force 3 and they need to listen to them more often.