Ford Motor Company - Quite Happy to work for Ford | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor Company

"Quite Happy to work for Ford"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Supervisor in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

GREAT People, plenty of work, work life balance

Cons

Normal large company bureaucracy and NO promotional opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor Company

1. "Go Nowhere career. Keep looking for a different company."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Advisor in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Advisor in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Some people I will miss working with. I can't really think of too many "good" things about working for Ford.

Cons

Horrible benefits and losing more every year. Zero work/life balance. Be there, or else!! The plant shutdown and that was horribly depressing. Lateral moves are mandatory and are made for you. If you don't like to move, too bad.

Advice to Management

Keep an open mind.

2. "Purchasing Intern"

Former Intern - Purchasing Intern in Dearborn, MI
    Former Intern - Purchasing Intern in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very understanding of life outside work and management never had any issues if I wanted to take a day off.

- Inviting, helpful, second-family work environment. From day one I felt I was part of the team and everyone around me wanted to help me with my projects and give me advice.

-Value added projects, not just busy work. Provided me great exposure to what a full-time employees day is like.

- Great internship program that is well organized and put together. They have intern specific events that give all summer interns a chance to meet one another and talk about their experiences and projects. Purchasing interns are invited to round table discussions with top executives including Tony Brown, head of Global Purchasing. The round table events gave us a chance to ask questions to the executive level about work, life, career path, advice, etc.

- Ride and drive intern program. Allowed all summer interns to test new 2013 Ford and Lincoln models at Ford Proving Grounds test track.

- Very competitive pay and THEY HIRE THEIR INTERNS. Out of all summer 2012 purchasing interns, everyone I talked to received full time offers, including myself. (about 10 - 12 interns)

Cons

- Final Internship presentation. 20 minute presentation on what you did over the summer infront of management, directors, HR, and other skill teams. Weighted heavily on whether or not you will get a full time offer but may not reflect the type of work you did or employee you are if your bad at presentations. Great experience though and greatly improved my presentation skills.

Advice to Management

Provide more feedback to interns and give more direction.