Ford Motor Company - Glad to be Here | Glassdoor

"Glad to be Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ford Motor Company is on the cutting edge of Information Technology in many areas including Agile, Big Data and various Cloud offerings (public, private and hybrid);
Their vehicle lineup is fresh and of consistently high-quality, backed by industry-leading R&D, Design, Development, Production, Marketing and Sales;
Once hired, there are a wealth of professional and personal development opportunities, and they strive to promote wrk/life balance;
ONE Team, ONE Plan, ONE Goal

Cons

The push for collaboration and cooperation often translates to meetings and more meetings;
Now that the recession is over and the threat of going under has faded, some of the old practices are beginning to creep back in -- caution, hierarchical thinking, fear of failure...but these are isolated and the things we do right still outweigh the negatives

Advice to Management

Do whatever it takes to hold onto the lean, energetic, decisive culture that emerged after Way Forward

Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor Company

1. "Hourly Tier 2"

Current Employee - Vehicle Assembly Technician in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Vehicle Assembly Technician in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best health insurance benefits of any employer I've ever worked for...bar none.

Cons

All about getting the numbers for production, workers are only tools to be used as hard and as long as possible then find a replacement. The company has no HEART. Communication is pathetic. The Union is unified only in name; no one in the leadership knows how to rally the rank and file.

Advice to Management

Have a more humane approach to the line workers. Stop looking to blame and start looking for cooperative solutions. I know it's difficult and it takes two, but you're the ones with the power to initiate the change.

2. "A place with history that cares about the future"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have found the work environment to be very supportive. The people with whom I work are genuinely nice people that care about doing a good job for the success of the company and each other.

Cons

Ford is an old company and can sometimes be slow to adapt to changes in the labor market. I'm sure not everyone in the company has been lucky enough to work with people as good as those with whom I have worked.