Ford Motor Company - Needs culture change | Glassdoor

"Needs culture change"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and great people for the most part. Very challenging industry. All employees are very committed to embracing the Ford family and their vision for the company. A great corporate citizen.

Cons

Constantly requiring relocation if you want to advance and be promoted. On average I have had to relocate every 18 to 24 months. The relocation package is not competitive and employees have to bear a lot of the expense. Promotions seem to be based on managing up and not based on merit. Pretty boys and girls seem to get ahead even when they don't do their jobs well. It's all about the politics. You definitely need a "sponsor" to advanced. The company is not really interested in what you want to do or not do in relation to your career and family life.

Advice to Management

Management needs to dramatically change the culture if they want the younger generation to be interested in a career here. Move some operations out of Michigan as it puts the company at a disadvantage because people don't want to live in metro Detroit unless you are from there. This is a major hurdle in attracting top tier new talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor Company

"auto industry woes"

I have been working at Ford Motor Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good people that want to do the right thing, for the most part

Cons

outdated systems, processes, very political, difficult to get the job done as you have so many pre-reviews before actually sharing anything with leadership, outdated model of assessing and developing talent

Advice to Management

most into the 21st century and update systems, process, and employee development programs

2. "Excellent Marketing program"

Former Intern - Worldwide Marketing Leadership Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Intern - Worldwide Marketing Leadership Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ford Motor Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern in Ford's marketing program between my first and second years of business school, I found my role to be challenging and educational. The program was very well run and access to senior level management was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to pursue a career in marketing.

Cons

The company is very large, so things tend to move at a "big company" pace, but I did find the level of politics to be better (meaning much less) than other large corporations I have worked for.