Forest City Enterprises - Unqualified and Highly Political is the name of the game | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forest City Enterprises

"Unqualified and Highly Political is the name of the game"

I have been working at Forest City Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent medical benefits. Though they do take away more and more every year. I like my team mates as well as my immediate boss and I really love the work I do and my contributions to the people I manage.

Cons

Been in IT for many years. No matter how hard you work, how much you contribute combined with a great attitude, if you are not part of the club, you will be passed by on promotions, bonuses and acknowledgements. Management will have every excuse ready when you inquire why. However, if you are in the club, you can be lazy, non communicative, unaccountable, unqualified and in some cases even disrespectful. You will most likely even get a promotion. Management will preach about how we need to come together as a team but then allow the departmental silos to carry on. And HR is just as responsible for the morale decline by knowing this exists and never doing anything about it.

Advice to Management

Clean house, it's time for a major leadership change.

Other Employee Reviews for Forest City Enterprises

1. "Exhausting"

I worked at Forest City Enterprises (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people and good support from management. Convenient to commute to and what's not to like about Cleveland, Ohio... I ask.

Cons

Long hours, light on compensation, light on staffing. Environement was very demanding due to new software system implementation.

"Office Politics is the name of the game"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at Forest City Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior management is great and then it goes downhill from there. Wonderful facade in reputation in the industry only.

Cons

The middle level management is awful, paranoid and prefer gossip over actual work. Prefer to do the minimum and lack challenging themselves.

Advice to Management

Too many people have worked there for 20+ years doing the same job and have no interest in learning or doing something else within the firm. Hire younger staff to make way for the mass amount of employees who will be retiring within the next 10 years.