Foresters Financial - Very average and uninspiring. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Foresters Financial

"Very average and uninspiring."

Former Intern - Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Former Intern - Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Foresters Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very relaxed environment with lots of young and usually friendly people.

Cons

There was a lot of menial labor. Management didn't always treat employees properly. LOTS of turnover in the brief period during which I interned there.

Advice to Management

Hire robots if you just want to bring in customers. It would be cheaper.

Other Employee Reviews for Foresters Financial

"Great manager, flexible schedule, endless resources for knowledge and growth""

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Foresters Financial part-time

Pros

Everything in the title. Our manager is incredible. He's won several awards. He's always willing to help,he's very encouraging, and he is understanding of what is happening in your life. He was very supportive when I had to take some time off to help take care of a family member.

The schedule is my own, so I have tremendous flexibility, which is really important for me.

There are TONS of training videos and lots of sites on financial planning to read. Also weekly training meetings.

Foresters has benefits that brother life insurance company offers. They provide complimentary monthly benefits and scholarships to the children of their members who pass away. They really care about helping families and communities. They also have competitive scholarships and a host of other member benefits.

Cons

Starting out was difficult because there was not a base salary. The company has just changed this and starting in January there will be a salary for new reps.

Advice to Management

I'm really happy with management.

"Learned a lot and had a great time doing it."

Current Intern - Apprentice in Beaverton, OR
    Current Intern - Apprentice in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Foresters Financial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is great. Managers are willing to have fun with employees. The saying "work hard, play hard" is perfect for FIC.

Cons

As an apprentice, we didn't get paid, so we had to find other jobs that were willing to work around our minimal schedule.

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to take you seriously, you need to act like a professional at all times.