Foresters Financial - Great and amazing experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Foresters Financial

"Great and amazing experience"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative
Former Employee - Financial Services Representative

I worked at Foresters Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent mentoring from managers to make sure you are being the best possible advisor you can be, Potential for high growth in business. Very good training and get licenses paid for by company.

Cons

The work/life balance is not the best. Expect to put in 50 hours a week with low pay. Reason for this is because they are paying for your licenses and when you start to make full commissions the expectation of doubling and tippling base salary is high.

Other Employee Reviews for Foresters Financial

"Not the best fit unless you have strong sales skills"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Foresters Financial full-time

Pros

Once you do establish yourself at this company, its looks like a great place to work. Not a very large office so work environment is very casual yet professional. The ability to work on your time seems very enticing.

Cons

Its getting to the pros that's the difficult part. You must have very strong sales skills and a very large network of people who would have enough money to actually invest. You must also learn the art of cold calling because you will have to start out doing that. You have to pay for licensure, but it doesn't sound too bad because accountants have to pay to get their CPA and financial analysts have to pay for the CFA exams as well. And be prepared to work long and hard in the beginning.

"It's all about the people and the support!"

I have been working at Foresters Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Whether I am working with potential candidates, new hires, our Management team, or my colleagues, my work environment, in large due to people, makes First Investors such a great place to work! I have worked for First Investors for 10+ years now, and I am proud to say I have established my career here. The support I receive from my superiors, colleagues and company as a whole, are critical aspects in my job performance and overall happiness. It is in turn, the relationships formed with these individuals, that has led me to trust and value the company has a whole. It really is all about the people and support!

Cons

A bit slow with the up and coming technology.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!