Forever 21 - Working there is ok. Most people dont last 6 months | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"Working there is ok. Most people dont last 6 months"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotional opportuities
Bonues
Team Work
Okay pay depending on what state and city you live in.

Cons

Slave Work
Management unfair
People are in your personally busniess to much

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

1. "f21 treats their employees like sh*t"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

cheap clothes
    ten percent discount
    get first look on new clothes

Cons

-cut people hrs while hiring new workers
    -rude manager
    -employees are under informed
    -sends people home early when their shifts are only 4 and a half hrs long
    -manager force people they don't like to quit by not giving them hrs
    -inconsiderate of employee availability
    -stressful work environment
    -false encouragements, they told employees that if we work hard we can get promoted but the managers only promote the ones they like.
    -employees have no rights, if we bad mouth a manager you get fired instantly
    -very unprofessional overall

Advice to Management

the employees of f21 should form a union. the way people are treated there is unethical and downright dirty.

"Not the worst but could be better"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hit or miss- either you love the team or you don't.
    - Opportunity to grow as a manager. I was promoted to a new store after only 6 months with company.
    - Nice benefits and opportunity to bonus out quarterly.
    - Decent recognition from DM when doing well.
    - Great prices on merch, trendiest around. :)
    - I enjoyed my job for the most part, as a manager you have a bit of wiggle room .Personally, I loved training and hiring. So you have the opportunity to make your EE's the very best.

Over all, I had a good 2 year experience with Forever, but toward the end I became more and more dissatisfied with the way the company was run, and the way me and others were being treated.
    However, if you're starting out in management, It is rather strenuous, but it is a great touch stone and you really learn how to multi-task. I've worked several retail management jobs and never worked for any company as fast-paced as Forever!

Cons

- If you're not open to a fast paced environment, don't apply here. Not even as a sales associate. Constantly busy, surprisingly VERY high visual standards, very messy. Customers really don't respect you.
    - As a manager, if your CM or SM is fired, you'll often have to do their work for a long time until position is filled without a pay raise. *Reason why I left.
    - Unless it's something "positive" my DM disliked calling back to discuss issues. Voice-mail would be full, no answer when calling. No response to 3+ e-mails until a month later. Only time I really got a call back is if I e-mailed, "So... I've been thinking about resigning."
    - Depending on the store you work at/how many managers it is like pulling teeth to get a weekend off, even when I had accumulated 50+ hours of PTO. Rotation was consistently brought up, but tended to be ignored.With 4+ managers there was no reason to not rotate weekends to take stress off of your employees backs'.
    - 10% discount isn't the best, but with prices so low, you can't beat them. I couldn't really complain.
    - Careful to not get sucked into work drama. Keep it separate. Be professional.

Advice to Management

- Promote from within. Too many times was our district in a bind that managers suggested great sales associates to DM to be promoted, but were never given the opportunity.
    - DM/RM should create better relationship with CO and ASM's, aside from only SM's. They run the store, too, and sometimes SM's don't talk about all the issues in the store, and only cover their problems up with smiles and small-talk.

For a privately owned company, Don does a pretty steady job, so when it comes to super senior management, thumbs up to the Chang family.