Forever 21 - Forever 21 is fashion and fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"Forever 21 is fashion and fun"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are around Clothes you love.
You can wear whatever you want to work.
Flexible Schedule.
They hired me on the spot

Cons

Be careful, you might spend your whole check at work.
If you are an average employee you might only get small amount of pay.

Advice to Management

When I was there I had insensitive manager with no sense of person-ability....

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

1. "No matter how much you think you might want to work here, you DON'T want to work here"

Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers are pretty lenient about getting people to cover your shifts - if you don't want to/couldn't work a certain shift, as long as you take it upon yourself to find someone to cover said shift, all you have to do is tell a manager about the change and it can be done easily.
    ONE of my ASMs is a really cool girl, so it's fun to work with her. She's understanding and funny. Other than that, there are NO pros to working here.

Cons

The biggest con, and the saddest thing in my honest opinion is that Forever 21 doesn't value their employees in the slightest. Why should they? They're disposable to them. If someone quits, they can easily hire someone else that will happily do your job, and they know it. There's people coming in to turn in apps all the time! They don't care about building a relationship with their employees or meeting their needs because they don't care if you are happy with your job - they just need you to work until you're fed up, and then they'll hire someone else to do the same thing until they're fed up too, and so on. They throw you into your job with little to no training and then get angry at you if you don't do things right. They overstaff their stores so they don't have to give them full-time, and then they can't schedule enough hours for all of the people, so they give everyone the MINIMUM hours they can until people get fed up and quit, so they don't have to drop anyone because then they'd have to pay unemployment. They don't really give anyone opportunity for growth, and you have to have serious connections to move up in the company. Forever 21 is also NOT an EOE, no matter what they say. They even told everyone they hired that we got hired because we were fashion forward and they liked our style.
    I'm not complaining, really, just telling it like it is. And it really is very sad.

More cons:
    NOT payed enough for the work we do at ALL.
    10% discount is ridiculous for the amount of money they make.
    NO BENEFITS! Not even the opportunity to get any! They won't hire anyone full time because they don't want to give anyone benefits.
    Corporate is extremely rude and disrespectful to their employees.
    This particular store hired WAY too many employees for grand opening, and now they aren't giving anyone any hours. Most people have 1-2 days a week, IF that. Some employees work one shift every OTHER week.
    However, their scheduling is disorganized and they NEVER have enough coverage. I get scheduled around 12 hours a week (if I'm REALLY lucky), but not ONCE have I gone in to work when they haven't asked me to stay late or come in early because they messed up a schedule or are too busy for the amount of people they have. I can usually get around 8-10 extra hours a week if I want it just because they're so disorganized.
    If they are too busy and you have to stay on cashwrap well past when your lunch break should be, they will keep you as long as they please and "edit" your time so they don't get in trouble for making you work too long without a break. But if you get too caught up in working and forget to take your lunch on time, or accidentally forget to clock in/out/anything else, they will edit your time but give your a violation for it.
    Also, they will

Advice to Management

Get OUT of that place, and find someone who values you! You can put your management skills to much better use at a company that actually at least SOMEWHAT cares about their employees, management included. The company treats their management like ____ too, and I don't think they should have to put up with it either.

2. "Wouldn't have applied if I knew then what I know now."

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- New Fashion Forward / Trendy Apparel
    - Get the "first dibs" before the customers buy it all
    - Quarterly Bonus
    - Good Hours

Cons

- Taken for granted
    - Work like a slave
    - More workload than salary covers
    - Employee Discount (10%)

Advice to Management

-Talk to the sales associates about whats going on in the store, if you want to find out who is or isn't following policies and procedures, they know everything.
    -Be on the look out for favoritism with my experience in the company and hearing from other employees in other stores across the region, favoritism goes on in every store which is unfair and makes working for the company less appealing.