Forever 21 - Sales Associate | Glassdoor

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elmhurst, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elmhurst, NY

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at $9.50/hr and depending on your experience or how you presented yourself in the interview you can start at higher.
During the holiday season there are a lot of hours available.
Flexible for the most part, but you have to be on top of managers when your schedule changed.

Cons

The managers were not experienced enough to run a large store.
Sales start to slow down after the winter season so it is hard to get hours. I would have one day a week sometimes.
Time management we were in the store until 2 am one night which is absolutely insane. It's great if you want hours but if you are a student it's a nightmare.

Advice to Management

When opening a large store make sure you have managers who know how to run a large store.
Value your employees and make sure to respect their time.

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

1. "Eh.. Better than nothing"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of the people that work there are nice and fun to talk to and you're always around affordable clothes you want to buy

Cons

You along with other associates absolutely hate it there and you made to stay until the store is cleaned. You hear a ton of bitching from the visual floor set crew and stock crew but I've never recalled the majority of them staying until 1 am or my personal latest 2:30 am.. You don't even get overtime.

Advice to Management

Hire more people and get it together. More of the newer people are going to quit if they have to get rides and you're keeping them 2-3 hours past their original clock out times.

2. "Worst Job I ever Had"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They gave me a paycheck and a discount

Cons

Ever walk into a Forever 21 and see that all the sales associates look cranky? Its because they are treated poorly. Forever 21 was a job I took after graduating college just to have a paycheck. I work hard and I don't complain much - I didn't mind having to stand on my feet. It was that management didn't see the strengths of their employees and used them wisely or considered their employees well being. For example you had to clock out for your 10min break. The Clock was located at the far end of the store and the break room at the other - so you had to spend 2 min of your break just walking back and forth. You also had to keep your badge on during break. One day walking to the break room a customer asked for my assistance. I did the right thing and helped the customer. And then resumed my break. When I clocked in it showed I took a 25min break and not 10. I explained this to my manager right away - she said that although she appreciates me helping the customer I should have told the customer I was on break and couldn't assist. To me that's poor customer service.

Advice to Management

But the clock in and clock out computer in the break room.