Forever 21 - This store will suck the life out of you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"This store will suck the life out of you"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love all my coworkers and the friendships I have made from working here! They are what gets me through my work days.

Cons

Terrible management...all the managers show favoritism to some while treat the hard workers like they are nothing. The store is always a mess, and the discount we get is a joke. The break room isn't even a break room at all it is just a table, two chairs, and being surrounded by millions of boxes. No one is ever really happy to be working here...but we all tolerate it because we need money till we can find something better. :P

Advice to Management

Maybe people would enjoy working here more if you could actually do you job, and learn to respect your coworkers instead of having favorites & back talking.

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

1. "a lovely paid hell"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Albany, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay rate is decent to start with, coworkers are cool, you run into a lot of people you may know cause everyone shops there, people will flock to you for your discount, working at a well known store. Requesting time off or calling out usually isnt a problem.

Cons

PETTY DRAMA! Because it is a fashion store everyone there thinks they are a fashion diva and wants to act like one. The drama is unbelievable for a workplace, and management is usually at the center of it. Hours are crazy, typical PT shift is 8 hrs or long if you close. Lack of respect for sales associates by managers. Crummy discount (10%).

Advice to Management

Get your lives together. If you tell us to leave our drama at the door then you should too! And don't treat us like children, we are paid employees.

2. "Hectic, but if you work hard you'll do well"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a popular store. This could be a pro or a con, but when I worked there a few years ago you got hours based on how many sales you made the previous weeks. If you work hard, you'll get your hours. If you don't, you won't. You can also help cover for other people for more hours. It's not a predictable form of income, but you can make the most of it. I did like being around all the clothes. You won't be bored, you're always on your feet and surrounded by colors and clothing.

Cons

It's hectic. People upturn the store looking for whatever it is that they're looking for, and when someone ruins your whole section 10 minutes before store close, you might end up staying extra to clean it up. Store closed at 9pm and we often worked until 11 - that's how much clean up had to be done. Like I said, if you don't mind working hard it's fine, but if you're lazy, it isn't.