Forever 21 - Loved working there, wish I stayed; but I felt under appreciated. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"Loved working there, wish I stayed; but I felt under appreciated."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, everyone was nice, worked long hours that went by fast, was always busy, good experience, visual was maintained pretty decently.

Cons

Managers are incompetent when it came to scheduling. A couple times my shifts were changed without notice. Often I would get asked to stay late or come in, which is great, more money for me. But not only did I go to the lengths of being willingly to stay, but I also had to commute 6 miles from another city, without my own car or license. And despite my other efforts to learn the floor on my own and help customers, they were greatly overshadowed by the few mistakes I made on register (if it was such a problem they could have easily put me somewhere else, but instead I felt like I was being set up for failure). I was also taken off the schedule a week before my seasonal term ended - without notice. Other than that: horrible discount, they sell wool despite no longer selling fur and offering cruelty free makeup, faux suede and leather. Not to mention the profits of the gift boxes that were sold in donation to sick children come at the expense of clothes that are made using child labor overseas.

Advice to Management

Hire within your means, hire an appropriate amount of people that you can actually maintain and keep the lines of communication open with each person.

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

"Managers are wary and unforgiving of minor mistakes that may be their fault for not giving proper instructions."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Davis, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always know about sales. They pay slightly above minimum wage.

Cons

Don't always receive sufficient instructions. At times managers break rules or allow favorites to break rules. Will get angry at employees for minor mistakes. Sometimes managers embarrass employees.They use negative reinforcement, punishment, most of the time and engage in extensive micro-management. Managers waste time consulting with one another about simple decisions. Sometimes there maybe many employees attempting to clock in at once so it makes people late, because we have a one minute window to clock in, and the managers begin the group discussion (wrap in) without some people.

Advice to Management

Use methods other than negative reinforcement. It just stresses out employees and doesn't encourage them to do a good job. If managers have a negative attitude and are easily upset by mistakes then that creates a negative work environment.

2. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing really to well to say about it

Cons

Discount only 10%, and don't believe in putting school as a first priority.

Advice to Management

Full of crap.