Forever 21 - Sales Asscociate | Glassdoor

"Sales Asscociate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

brand new store
new people
got along with everyone

Cons

not enough hours
not enough hours not enough hours

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

"The worst job I ever had"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Just absolutely none. I had to write at least five words here.

Cons

I've worked her for 8 months. This is what I've learned. Extremely poorly managed. Not to mention, the hierarchy is so that the Sales Associates get blamed for everything, have to deal with the rudest customers, and get paid the least to do the most amount of work. Co-workers are apathetic and do not preform their job properly; management is uncaring and almost always unpleasant. If you want to have a job that makes you want to kill yourself, this is the place for you!

"It's not worth it"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a really easy job.

Cons

Dress code- They want you to dress 'fashion forward', yet make it almost impossible with their strict dress code. No visible tattoos, no dresses unless you wear them with SOLID tights, no beanies, no shorts, to name a few.

Hours being cut constantly- Even when our store was making its numbers, our hours would get cut unexplained.

Scheduling- The managers would post the schedule for the week on Saturday, and then change it in the middle of the week, many times without bothering to let the employees know and 'retraining' us if we didn't show up at the changed time. It was "our fault for not checking the schedule for changes". These changes often include overnight shifts and early morning (3-4am) shifts. Also, every year we have to work overnight on Halloween from 10pm-6:30am.

Break room- For over 300 employees, we had a break room that was half stock room, some dirty old tables, chairs missing the backs, ripped open, or all the stuffing hanging out, 2 broken microwaves, and 3 mini fridges that were never cleaned, full of moldy food and spilled drinks that you could smell from across the room. Oh, and there were a few lockers with missing doors. I've never seen a break room so disgusting and crowded.

Supplies- There were multiple times when our store ran out of toilet paper, and we wouldn't get any for up to 4 WEEKS! Also, if your cheap lanyard that you are required to wear is lost or broken, forget about getting a new one. You'll get a yellow piece of yarn to tie around your neck. Really, Forever 21?? It's either that or you can trade in something valuable like your drivers license, phone, or credit card to use a lanyard for a day.

Advice to Management

Try to treat your employees better