Forever 21 - Very unorganized and does not invest in employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"Very unorganized and does not invest in employees"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, young people. trendy environment. very good place if you're young and wanna be inspired

Cons

very messy floorsets; not enough coordination between visual merchandising and merchandising teams. lots of piece-y items that should be put on sale so there can be space for new products. also, company needs to learn that they need to invest in their employees. not giving a 6-month review is a horrible idea. employees just dont get enough respect and recognition for their work.

Advice to Management

again, company needs to learn that they need to invest in their employees. not giving a 6-month review is a horrible idea. employees just dont get enough respect and recognition for their work.

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

1. "It was good...until!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers, when managers valued employees and were creative, helping customers choose an outfit, and hang-out time with co workers after locking up shop!

Cons

At first, the managers I was hired with were AWESOME! Until they switched out with other managers. Hours were unpredictable. The new managers were not on the same page with each other and made it more of a chore. There was favoritism involved.

Advice to Management

Please make sure your managers all hold on to the same rules when working and stay informed what girl is doing what. Also, no favoritism please!

2. "Loved working there, wish I stayed; but I felt under appreciated."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Riverside, CA

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, everyone was nice, worked long hours that went by fast, was always busy, good experience, visual was maintained pretty decently.

Cons

Managers are incompetent when it came to scheduling. A couple times my shifts were changed without notice. Often I would get asked to stay late or come in, which is great, more money for me. But not only did I go to the lengths of being willingly to stay, but I also had to commute 6 miles from another city, without my own car or license. And despite my other efforts to learn the floor on my own and help customers, they were greatly overshadowed by the few mistakes I made on register (if it was such a problem they could have easily put me somewhere else, but instead I felt like I was being set up for failure). I was also taken off the schedule a week before my seasonal term ended - without notice. Other than that: horrible discount, they sell wool despite no longer selling fur and offering cruelty free makeup, faux suede and leather. Not to mention the profits of the gift boxes that were sold in donation to sick children come at the expense of clothes that are made using child labor overseas.

Advice to Management

Hire within your means, hire an appropriate amount of people that you can actually maintain and keep the lines of communication open with each person.