Forever 21 - long hours for any position. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forever 21

"long hours for any position."

Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

they do give you a decent amount of creative freedom and the other associates for the most part were easy to be around and became great friends.

Cons

ridiculously long hours and very unrealistic expectations for almost every position. floorsets change way too often and working on thanksgiving (that really happened) and other holidays are not ideal.

Advice to Management

limit people to the amount of clothing they can try on.

Other Employee Reviews for Forever 21

"Worst Company to Work for."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet fun outgoing people and at times if you encounter the right customer you can really connect and help them in a way that you enjoy. You're always surrounded by clothes so you get to see things first and all the new trends. Very easy going with dress code as long as its not a tee shirt and jeans.

Cons

Closing shifts are basically the only shift. So if you like staying until midnight, every day, or 3am when its really busy, then be my guest. Absolutely no growth in the company, Ive been there two years waiting for something to happen and nothing has. If you're too good at the floor (recovery and go backs) then they keep you there. If you cant do anything you become a cashier which is a better position because its less exhausting. Hard workers are not rewarded. a lot of favoritism and drama. A lot of work is expected of sales associates to push for sales but to also maintain their sections. Visual team is full of drama thinking sales associates do not perform well enough, I would love to see them close a section one night. No time for social life. No benefits for employees. Poor pay with only a .40 cent increase a year. 10% discount which is nothing. Employees only have 10 days to return something they purchased. And depending on the mall a 30min lunch is not long enough to even eat.

Advice to Management

Reward your hard working associates by promoting within the company. Hire more sales associates to meet your "goals" if three associates a floor cant do good enough. Train new associates better so we can all try and get out at a decent time at night. Have cashiers help sections than just standing around talking. Respect your employees more.

2. "Worst Job I ever Had"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck and a decent discount

Cons

-Management does not train new sales associates - I often found myself refolding the same stack of clothes over and over.
    -The clothes are cheap and fall apart easily. I once found a shirt that was dirty and ripped and management told me to tell it anyway
    -required to take a 10 min break - but the clock out station was half way across the store from the break room You spent half of your break just walking back and forth.
    -music was way too loud - customers were consistently complaining

Advice to Management

Put the clock in/out clock in the break room. treat employees with respect.