Forrester - Great place to learn and grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Forrester

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology Management in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Vice President - Technology Management in Cambridge, MA

Pros

The execs are grounded and approachable (and mostly affable). You have an opportunity to make a difference, take charge of your own career and aspirations. The culture is one that fosters accountability and action in all of us. I've been working at Forrester for 18 years and still feel appreciated and I am still able to do rewarding and meaningful work. Never a dull moment here either.

Cons

Sometimes slow to get everyone on the innovation bandwagon but it is improving. The location is not the best if you are looking for easy access to lunch and after work spots. The area is expanding but you still need to jump on the T or grab your car to find something fun for lunch - although there are lots of Forrester social things every week on site. Make sure to understand the compensation package and how bonus is earned and paid out. It is not out of the ordinary but...

Advice to Management

Continue to promote and embrace innovation and change and continue to drive accountability in all of us.

Other Employee Reviews for Forrester

"A place to build your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester (More than 10 years)

Pros

Forrester is a great place to work. I'm sure most readers of this review see this a thousand times for other companies...but let me tell you why it's the case here. I've been at the company for over 15 years and started in a junior role. I was given the opportunity to explore almost every part of the organization in various jobs and am now part of the leadership team. What's the point you might ask? The point is that the opportunity to grow your career here is limitless if you want to work hard and take on new challenges. If that's of interest, then this is the place for you.

In addition, if you're looking for a place to collaborate with an incredible group of people that will result in lifelong friendships because of the culture that's fostered here, then this is the place for you.

If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment where you have the permission to challenge your colleagues, and they can challenge you to come up with better end results, then this is the place for you.

I have, and continue to value my time here, the opportunities I've had and friends I've made. As I mentioned above, Forrester is a great place to work...hopefully I've made it a little more clear why that carries weight now. :)

Cons

I'd say we are too risk averse and need to be more aggressive on new product development.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the incredible culture and get more aggressive on new products.

"Sales"

Pros

I have been employed at Forrester for almost a year now and absolutely love it. It is a great atmosphere for self-motivated employees, the management allows you to work in your own style and really does not interfere much as long as you are meeting your quotas and deadlines. The CEO George Colony is a very friendly guy, he looks everyone is the eye when they walk past and you can tell makes an honest effort to try to speak to everyone when in the elevator etc. I have worked in organizations where the CEO’s attitude is complete opposite (not wanting to make small talk to management level staff) so this is very refreshing as he sets the tone for the organization. Forrester truly seems to value its employees and also support work/life balance. You can tell from the first day of employment that Forrester's #1 priority is serving its clients and of course creating a great work environment for its employees. The people here are very intellectual and respectful to one another. One great thing is that they allow all their employees to work from home one day a week, when I started that wasn’t something I cared much about but now actually greatly value that as it breaks up my weekly commute and keeps me from feeling burnt out as I frequently used to in my last sales job – great to see they anticipate the needs of their employees! I feel very grateful to be part of this organization and would recommend it to anyone that has a strong work ethic and ownership capability.

Cons

The salary overall might be a bit under what you might see in other organizations however you have to look at the full list of employee benefits that are offered as I believe they outweigh many other organizations benefit packages.