Fors Marsh Group - Big Things in Small Packages | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Fors Marsh Group

"Big Things in Small Packages"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fors Marsh Group full-time

Pros

Good Work Life Balance. Great Benefits. Open Door Policy

Cons

A growing company is in a continous state of transition. The jobs are stable, but the operational processes continue to develop and evolve as the company grows.

Advice to Management

Maintain an environment open to feedback from the employees and never lose the human aspect of the business. All decisions should temper the operational and strategic goals of the business with the impact they will have on the employees. Keep employees involved in decisions. If employees feel invested they will continue to invest themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Fors Marsh Group

1. "A good place to start"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Fors Marsh Group as an intern

Pros

As an intern, FMG provides great opportunities for learning many new things and colleagues are willing to help.

Cons

not much to say

2. "Fond memories and great friends"

Former Employee - Senior Researcher in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Researcher in Washington, DC

I worked at Fors Marsh Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After a long stretch on the vendor side with FMG, I am giving the client side a shot. I have fond memories of my time at FMG and have made some incredible long lasting friends and colleagues. We experienced a lot of growth during my tenure which always meant new challenges and opportunities, some frustrating, most exciting. But what I appreciated the most was the ability to influence new projects, clients, and services. The leadership there gets the delicate balance of keeping a highly skilled research workforce intrinsically motivated while still keeping the lights on. For me, this meant having the opportunity to develop new work that was aligned with some of my graduate school interests.

Cons

While its difficult to call this a con as I know loose and fast isn't a great model for federal research, the 'ol' days of managing a research budget seemed much easier.

Advice to Management

Maintain your candid conversations with the company (both group and 1-on-1). It sets a great example for everyone how to provide frequent, honest, and valuable feedback--most companies aren't run psychologists, use this to your advantage!